• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our Lady of the Lakes Audio

OC4me

I listened to the audio and found nothing that would suggest improper handling of the situation. He was reasonably polite in my humble opinion. Just saying.

This whole thread reminds me of 'other' supposedly pro-gun groups who have many negative things to say about ALL people who dare to open carry.

Stainless is not 'ruining' open carry for the rest of us any more than non-GFSZ open-carriers are presently 'ruining' the right to keep and bear arms for everybody.

On the contrary, open carry has educated the public to our rights and is helping more than it is hurting.

There are numerous other Open Carry videos on You Tube that are (in my humble opinion) far more 'controversial' than this one. Despite such videos being widespread on the net, I have yet to see the Brady Campaign to Prevent Lawful Gun Ownership do anything but continue its accelerated slide into irrelevance. AMEN to that!

Last edited:

Jared

What difference does it make if I OC a silenced weapon?

While it would be legal in Michigan to carry a suppressed handgun, and I support it on principle (but I'd never do it myself)... I have one question?

How the heck are you going to draw that holstered handgun? The suppressor will add about 6 inches to your overall barrel length.

Also, it would be uncomfortable sitting down and getting in and out of your car with a suppressor hanging down from the barrel of the gun.

On a different note, what is your YouTube channel? I never knew you had one but I must confess that I am very interested in seeing it now for several reasons... God Bless the Internet :)

PDinDetroit

This whole thread reminds me of 'other' supposedly pro-gun groups who have many negative things to say about ALL people who dare to open carry.

Stainless is not 'ruining' open carry for the rest of us any more than non-GFSZ open-carriers are presently 'ruining' the right to keep and bear arms for everybody.

On the contrary, open carry has educated the public to our rights and is helping more than it is hurting.

There are numerous other Open Carry videos on You Tube that are (in my humble opinion) far more 'controversial' than this one. Despite such videos being widespread on the net, I have yet to see the Brady Campaign to Prevent Lawful Gun Ownership do anything but continue its accelerated slide into irrelevance. AMEN to that!

It's not about comparing other videos/audios to this one and trying to justify one over the other. The OP posted this and should expect feedback whether he agrees with it or not. Each of us can learn to handle things differently in terms of OC Encounters.

I applaud the OP for having the courage to review the feedback given and take action upon it.

army74

idiots that are ruining the oc cause

You didn't learn from your past screw ups at bass pro,glx,your trailer park etc. Lady of our lakes is a private school and you shouldn't have been there. For you to challenge them and to make a threat like that couldve turned turned ugly for you. Someone that maybe a police officer or former military who's trained in hand to hand combat that knows how to disarm an unstable person as yourself. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but it has not worked. If I'm correct you don't even live in waterford. I live in Waterford and you are making it a bad situation for us who dro open carry. Just learn to shut up for once. I bet ic the chief of police heard this recording you would be charged with something. Rob is correct as so is Scott.you need to shut up.

stainless1911

Banned
That's your opinion. ETA I didnt threaten anyone. I didnt screw anything up in the trailer park, Bass pro, or the mall. I have family and business in Waterford, so Im there a lot. As far as OLOL goes, they need to learn to practice what they preach.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

army74

good to be back

Well that's your opinion OLOL is private school property which is not paid with tax payers money only money from parents who send there kids there. I didn't say you screwed up GLX . Everyone I see that you have approached say your pushy not stable. When I joined MOC there was an instance where you almost pulled your firearm out of your holster . Then you have a homemade not safe holster even after a goof moc member bought you a good one. How about handing or showing ammo to kids at the food court did you have permission from the parents probally not. My son pro bally is more responsible than you sir at 17 just saying he has fired .multiple handgun calibers along with rifles and shotguns under my supervision on our personal property up north.

stainless1911

Banned
Well that's your opinion OLOL is private school property which is not paid with tax payers money only money from parents who send there kids there. I didn't say you screwed up GLX . Everyone I see that you have approached say your pushy not stable. When I joined MOC there was an instance where you almost pulled your firearm out of your holster . Then you have a homemade not safe holster even after a goof moc member bought you a good one. How about handing or showing ammo to kids at the food court did you have permission from the parents probally not. My son pro bally is more responsible than you sir at 17 just saying he has fired .multiple handgun calibers along with rifles and shotguns under my supervision on our personal property up north.

Meijers is private property as well
Hamaneggs actually pulled his on the local news
I dont approach people, and Im not pushy, Im actually quite shy
How do you know my home made holster is not safe? The only thing I changed was the mount.
I never showed any ammo to anyone at the food court. I dont hang out there, typically, I never enter the food court. I do know of another OCer who does though, you probably have me confused with him.
What does your kid and your property have to do with anything?

army74

really

You have been identified by pros I know that have described u to a tee yes u did hand ammo to teenagers. Your are a humbling idiot this is the same reason why you probally got a lifetime ban from moc I'm just saying.

army74

If hamandeggs was in his own house its fine cause he is in his own house.now meijer is technically not private property because they lease it its not owned by them. There corporate policy says you can carry there.you are trying to compare a private school to a public grocery store every time you talk you make it worse for yourself.

stainless1911

Banned
Whatever. MOC has become a club, not so much a gun rights .org.

You can carry on private property until asked otherwise. Dont forget the first amendment violations involved with the attempt to make churches into PFZs.

There was no ammo thing at GLX.

Earlier, you brought up the accusation that I screwed up in the trailer park. Let me bring you up to speed on how badly I screwed up.

I walked to the mailbox.

The other accusations about me carry just about the same amount of baggage, and people wonder why I say the things that I do.

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Whatever. MOC has become a club, not so much a gun rights .org.

You can carry on private property until asked otherwise. Dont forget the first amendment violations involved with the attempt to make churches into PFZs.

There was no ammo thing at GLX.

Earlier, you brought up the accusation that I screwed up in the trailer park. Let me bring you up to speed on how badly I screwed up.

I walked to the mailbox.

The other accusations about me carry just about the same amount of baggage, and people wonder why I say the things that I do.
I am not here to get in to the back and forth here, not my style, unless someone is attacking me, I try my very hardest to stay out of things. Anyways, even though I am not going to say where I land on this subject I do have a question to ask, and don't read bias in to it. I only ask this question because I don't have the best memory, as I am sure most of you can tell, unless I seriously study something, I am not 100% on it.

Stainless haven't you openly admitted to firing weapons inside of your trailer?