• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

02 November 2011 - The Pit Shoot

eastmeyers

Sitting here at the Westland Picnic, and "The Colective" has decieded to have an OCDO(MI)/MOC shoot out at The Pit! So let's all meet up their on Wednesday, 02 November 2011, between 10:00am to 3:00pm. This isn't anything official, just time for us to hang out, show off our "toys", and share a few rounds down range. We are having this on a week day so it will just be us, and in November so there is plenty of time to request off the time if needed, also pumpkins will be on clearance. Everyone coming up, down, or over, please bring enough trash bags to hall at least your own garbage. Hand sanitizer, bottled water, and snacks are also a good idea. Let's make this a good outing!

What: Shoot Out

Where: The Pit
3070 Roods Lake Road, Lapeer, MI 48446

When: Wednesday, 02 November 2011 @ 10:00am to 3:00pm

This event is NON OFFICIAL, it claims no ties to neither OCDO, nor MOC INC, there names are mentioned only as to invite there forum members to this NON OFFICIAL event. This is also NOT a family event. It is NOT suggest to bring children to this event, although while perfectly legal for children to use firearms at a shooting range, there is expected to be many people attending this UNOFFICIAL event, where firearms will be un-holstered and fired on an active range. To limit the odds of an accident it is HIGHLY suggest that NO children attend this UNOFFICIAL event. Also ALL LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO ATTENDS THIS UNOFFICIAL EVENT. NO LIABILITY will fall unto OCDO, or MOC INC. in anyway, or any other poster in this or any other thread on the subject, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF! YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL FIREARM SAFETY RULES AT ALL TIMES!

1.) Always keep ALL firearms pointed in a safe direction.
2.) Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3.) Always keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
4.) Know your target and what is beyond.
5.) Know how to use the firearm your shooting safely.
6.) Check and make sure the ammo you are using is the correct ammo for the firearm you are loading/firing.
7.) Wear ear and eye protection when firing, and warn others before firing to do so.
8.) Never use drugs or alcohol while firing/handling firearms.
9.) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call "cease fire", and confirm with everyone at the range, before entering the range to change targets/clean/or for any other reason. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the range and make sure NOBODY is on the range, and call "live range", and confirm with everyone at the range before firing.

Please do not bother coming to this NON OFFICIAL event, if you do not agree with these safety rules. They are not just for others protection but your own. It is imperative, that everyone that comes agrees, so everyone that attends has a good time!

If for any reason something happens, medical related, for any reason it is important for everyone to know where the nearest hospital is, it is only 4.5 miles away, I have provided a map below, from The Pit to Lapeer Regional Medical Center. I HIGHLY doubt anything will happen, but it is always prudent to know these things in advanced, in case of a worse case scenario. Its the same reason we carry a firearm, we hope to never need it, but if we do we have it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=30...=0&mra=pd&z=13

This is a thread to post if you are attending. Please ONLY post if your attending with a simple "attending", or similar. If you wish to discuss the shoot, the wording of this post, or the rules, you can do so @
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?94388-OCDO-MI-The-Pit-Shoot!-Get-The-Day-Off-NOW!!!
Thank you VERY much for your support and help. I will be asking John and/or Mike to add this thread to the Stickies, as well as reporting any off-topic posts. Again thank you very much for your support and help!

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

Lets not wreck this thread guys, we are all rational adults.

Or as Sam Jackson would say,
9cyPFQbgCqi5nyltZC14CvQQo1_500.jpg

BE COOL!

1ADAM12

It's a pot stirring question that should be asked in the other thread but you already know this....

It was asked there and a sarcastic trolling response was provided.

How about a realistic answer. What is the are restrictions? Children is a broad description.

14? 16? 18? 21? Each of these ages have very specific firearms related restrictions.

1ADAM12

You are plenty old enough to attend Pat's (CV67PAT) evil twin ;)

On topic and per OP request: Yes I will be there & am looking forward to seeing Pat there and 1ADAM12; who knows maybe both of them even?

You don't know me. Have never met me. Yet you find it necessary to personally attack me repeatedly by calling me evil.

Evil Creamsicle

**** already. If you want to piss and moan at each other, do in in pms.

To answer your question productively, Adam, I don't believe there were specific 'restrictions'. It was merely worded as a 'request', with the assumption being that common sense ought to be used. That is, if I am interpreting eastmeyers meaning correctly.

Onnie

attending as long as Glock9mmOldStyle still will let me in his car after what I did the last time he limo-ed me around:shocker:

eastmeyers

**** already. If you want to piss and moan at each other, do in in pms.

To answer your question productively, Adam, I don't believe there were specific 'restrictions'. It was merely worded as a 'request', with the assumption being that common sense ought to be used. That is, if I am interpreting eastmeyers meaning correctly.
This is correct, thank you very much creamsicle! I thought this would be easily construed by all through common sense, but I sometimes forget that common sense isn't so common. Anyways, I created this thread SPECIFICALLY for people to say they are attending, and SPECIFICALLY gave the link to the other thread and respectfully asked that all other conversation be done their. I find it very disrespectful that this can't be done. I am not demoralizing those of you whom have responded to those, pointing this out, and trying to help, I do thank you. But unfortunately, because of all the trolling it looks like I may have to have this thread deleted as the point of it is now completely moot.

CAN WE ALL TRY TO GET BACK ON TOPIC? THANK YOU!

eastmeyers

Oh heres a question is going to be a potluck thing??

Actually no. Since this (unofficial) event, has a (suggested) "scheduled" beginning AND ending, as well as a potential for lead contamination, there will be no potluck. It is suggested that everyone bring a bottled beverage or two (something with a cap), some individually packaged snacks (nutragrain bars, pop tarts, something), and some hand sanitizer for themselves. I am sure when people are leaving people will meet up at a restaurant or two or more for a meal.