• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

02 November 2011 - The Pit Shoot

lil_freak_66

Ill try and make it, got a mosin with a few hundred rounds i wanna shoot up. might have some tannerite as well that we can split,as long as anybody shooting it agrees to help pick up any debris that may be caused by its use.

lil_freak_66

only if its mixed is it illegal to transport, the way you buy it, it is not mixed already, the compounds are in separate containers,and are legal to be transported that way...and it takes all of 2 minutes to mix it together on scene.

SpringerXDacp

I think I have a couple of pounds of C4 laying around the house left over from last 4th of July. J/K :p

If I don't have to work that day and I can afford the gas, I'll come out. I can't afford to shoot but I can watch everyone else have some fun.

Onnie

I think I have a couple of pounds of C4 laying around the house left over from last 4th of July. J/K :p

If I don't have to work that day and I can afford the gas, I'll come out. I can't afford to shoot but I can watch everyone else have some fun.

if you have a 9mm i have about 400 rounds with me, just give me back the brass and i let you shoot one or two
as it stands now ill be there

NHCGRPR45

I will be coming from chesterfield in macomb county if anyone needs a ride I am more than willing to swing by and pick up or meet somewhere to car pool, I have a grand marquis so I can fit 3 plus me easily. And the trunk is big enough to hold a small countries arsenal as well!:banana:

NHCGRPR45

Ill try and make it, got a mosin with a few hundred rounds i wanna shoot up. might have some tannerite as well that we can split,as long as anybody shooting it agrees to help pick up any debris that may be caused by its use.

Done, I'll pitch in never seen that stuff used before, is it an explosive time?;)

NHCGRPR45

OK, looks pretty sweet,what the legality of this stuff. I know its legal when un-mixed, but once its mixed dosen't it then become an explosive? And then regulated by the ATF?

PDinDetroit

The OP and I were at the Pit not long ago when someone was "misusing" Tannerite and almost took some people out with flying debris (hunks of flying metal). I had yelled at them previously to knock it off, when this happened again they seemed to leave pretty quickly especially since a larger chunk landed about 12 feet BEHIND our shooting position on the line.

Please BE CAREFUL with the stuff and do not put stuff around it that will be sent flying by the explosion.

lil_freak_66

well for a 1/2 lb. charge(its shipped ready to mix for 1/2 lb. charges) they say 100 yards should be considered the safe zone, up to 50 lbs is legal to use at once, a 5 minute venture to Youtube can find dozens of videos of it being misused, FPSRussia uses it in unsafe manners most of the time he uses it, if we used it the same way he uses it out at the Pit we'd probably be met by the MSP in a matter of minutes.

1/2 is Alot, enough to easily identify a hit target at 1000 yards(which it was designed for)

If i go, individual charges would be alot less than 1/2 Lb. what i normally do is take shotgun shell hulls and seal the ends with cotton balls and duct tape, fill them as heavy as you can pack it in, and then seal the other end. you can get a dozen shells filled with 1/2 lb.(think power of a single firecracker in each) that way easily, they still go bang and the safety zone can be more like 10 yards assuming there isnt alot of light,loose debris around.