• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NFA Gun Trust

Cobra469

Anybody here have a NFA Gun Trust setup by an attorney? I am trying to find some recommendations so I can figure out what it will cost. Also is it a good idea to transfer pistols and rifles into this type of trust even if it isn't needed?

Jason in WI

You might want to visit the WI hometown section over at ar15.com if you don't get many responses here. I think a few guys have set up their trusts using a local lawyer and you might be-able to search and find the threads.

I was going to use the Quicken Willmaker method with an older version that still lets you do trusts but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Most say using a lawyer is the best bet against future BATFE "interpretations". I think if you want a machine gun in WI right now you need to have a sign-off right now do to some BATFE crap anyway but sbr's and suppressors should still be good to go.

So what were you needing a stamp for ;) ?

Cobra469

I haven't decided just yet. But I figure if I get the trust hammered out early that is one less thing for me to worry about later. From my understanding updating it is pretty easy to do.