• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruidoso Mayor Bans Guns

VW_Factor

I did a search for the article over the entire forum, with no current hits.

Otherwise, you are welcome and thanks for being productive.

MR Redenck

Contact the Ruidoso New Mexico's Mayors office
Mayor Raymond Alborn
Home (575)257-6531
Cell (575)808-1357

Tell the Ruidoso Chamber of Commerce you wont Patronize their community due to Ray's executive order
Chamber of Commerce
(877)784-3676
(575)257-7395

Many people from the West Texas area own property and partonize the Ruidoso Community. Ray Alborn needs to resign and move to France!

MR Redenck

Why is no one taking interest to this? This should be a hot topic with everyone burning up the phone numbers that I provided.

jhow1nm2

Plan of action...two fold

To those willing to participate:

This unconstitutional action in Ruidoso is just that -- illegal and an afront to our rights.

Forget calling the Mayor or City Attorney.

We need to flood the New Mexico Attorney General's Office with calls about the illegal order, requesting they investigate and quash the illegal direction.

Pending on how that process goes, with updates sought weekly by phone calls to the Attorney General's office, we could consider organizing a display of armed citizens inquiring to have a meeting with the Mayor and City Attorney, or any other city offices. If 5 or more people participate, and anyone is asked to disarm, arrested, or both, we now have a class action lawsuit. The New Mexico Supreme Court already has made that decision in the Alamogordo case. Any municipality would be absolutely foolish to attempt to repeat the matter.

I will be calling the State Attorney General's office first thing Monday am. The contact info is below. Please post below your follow thru on this plan of action (and other ideas too).

New Mexico Attorney General -- Gary King
(505) 827-6000 Santa Fe |
(505) 222-9000 Albuquerque |
(575) 526-2280 Las Cruces

Government Accountability Section:
http://www.nmag.gov/office/Divisions/GAD/Default.aspx

Office of New Mexico Attorney General Gary King

111 Lomas Blvd. NW
Suite 300
Albuquerque, NM 87102

(505) 222-9000
OR

PO Drawer 1508
Santa Fe, NM 87504-1508

(505) 827-6000

MR Redenck

Good, I will call too. I dont live in NM but I frequent the place often.
Are yall aware of the new Florida law that fines Mayers like Raymond $5,000 for being a libtard?

jhow1nm2

Thanks for chipping in

No, I wasn't aware of the new law in FL. I am encouraged by the Atty Gen page on government abuse...Classic case here....I'm hoping they will act dutifully and swiftly.

Thanks for helping out!

jhow1nm2

Sad, but that's why it's up to us to do something about it

The duh factor is truly in play here...."here's your sign", or whatever stupidity level. The audacity of the Mayor to try to trump the constitution and then the City Council (and the local press) don't have a clue either.

Of course, they could be knowingly trying to trump the state constitution. This wouldn't be the first time someone in government has done this. Then, what is it called? Despotism or Tyranny?

jhow1nm2

Attorney General calls update

I called the Attorney General's office this morning. I asked for the Government corruption division, and I explained why. I was told that's not the kind of complaint they handle. I was told to call the Civil Division, for this was a Civil complaint. That lady told me to call the investigations division.

I was told two things repeatedly:

1) A resident/citizen of New Mexico cannot ask the Attorney General's office to investigate a matter such as this (regarding the executive order). A legislative member or other elected official must do so.

2) The only way a regular citizen/resident can address the matter directly is to file a lawsuit in District Court.

So...call your local elected representative...preferable the 2nd amendment and constitution upholding kind (not the spineless kind).

jhow1nm2

Ruidoso Gun Ban Order Rescinded

Read it and weep Mr. Mayor (of Ruidoso)....and it's time to resign-- your words not ours.

Ruidoso Gun Ban Order Rescinded http://www.kvia.com/news/29339945/detail.html

RUIDOSO, N.M. -- A New Mexico mayor's recent executive order banning guns in village property has been overturned.

Ruidoso Village Council voted this week to rescind Mayor Ray Alborn's order after angry protests from gun owners who called the ban unconstitutional.

Alborn said he made the order following a July case when a resident at Village Hall had his gun removed by the police chief. He said the ban only applied to village buildings.

Still the order drew fire from gun advocates.

Alborn has said he would resign if the order was rescinded.

jhow1nm2

No resignation yet

Some people of there are talking circulating a petition to force him to resign (keep his word). I'm getting updates from a Facebook page called: New Mexico Gun Rights...

I'll keep you guys posted.

MilProGuy

"In 1986, New Mexico residents voted to amend the state constitution forbidding local regulation of firearms."

Then, they definitely need to hold the mayor's feet to the fire, so to speak.

Jared

Some people of there are talking circulating a petition to force him to resign (keep his word). I'm getting updates from a Facebook page called: New Mexico Gun Rights...

I'll keep you guys posted.

This is getting old.

You guys handled carrying into the meeting just fine. This is what has been done in Michigan before.

It's been done in Michigan before (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNLjuGVfPU and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8Xc_cteO8)

The Wayne County sheriff's office thought they could just ban guns at the sheriff's office.

This seems to be the best course of action in these types of circumstances. If 10 of you with a video camera walked in there OC'ing to file a complaint or something. As always, use a program like qik.com to instantly backup your video on the internet so it's safe.

The Ruidoso Mayor got the point. State preemption is very clear. The chief needs to be made aware (if he hasn't already) that state precedent is very clear and that if he was to hassle someone again that he could face a 1983 lawsuit.

As always, carry a recorded. One that can instantly stream to the internet would be preferable.

Last edited: