• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Brown: Warns "I'm going to veto a lot of bills over the next 30 days."

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
ANY state that invokes disarmament of the law-abiding as the "remedy" for ARMED gang-banger anarchy is a pathetic failure of governance, and a monument to Lenists social engineering gone amuck.

Wait, Delaware is an open carry state.... are you talking about a state of emergency or something like that?

acmariner99

That quote was specifically about rising VIOLENTLY against a foreign/federal government. He was talking about the British and a revolution.

The founding fathers clearly created states and states rights with the intent that if you didnt like your state you could move to another one with laws more to your liking.

Maybe you havent noticed but California has 39 million people and at least 8 million of them are illegal aliens.

Sorry, but I dont have the voting power to overcome that.

Back to your quote though, if you are suggesting or promoting a violent civil war to replace current tyranical governments in America, I wouldnt be opposed to that. In all honesty, its a cause I will pick up a weapon for. But until that day comes, I will be enjoying the warm surf of Hawaii and the beautiful fishing of Montana with lower taxes and more freedom than California.

Call me when you are ready to fire the first shot, until then, spare me your Sam Adams idolation.

This forum advocates law abiding activity and changing the laws we don't like by working through our respective state legislatures. Those in states like CA, MD, NY, NJ and others obey the law and work to change the law -- and DONT advocate ignoring them or overthrowing the institutions that create them. Yes, you have the right to leave California just as I have the right to circumvent its borders. If I had to move to a restrictive state, I wouldn't throw in the towel. I would obey the law and work to get it changed. By the way, this forum DOES NOT ADVOCATE COMMITTING ACTS OF TREASON TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION OF ADVOCATING RESPONSIBLE OPEN CARRY. Anti-gun activists will be watching these forums and your comment of being willing to violently overthrow the legitimate government of the United States is uncalled for and not helpful to our cause. And spare me the history lesson.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
That quote was specifically about rising VIOLENTLY against a foreign/federal government. He was talking about the British and a revolution.

The founding fathers clearly created states and states rights with the intent that if you didnt like your state you could move to another one with laws more to your liking.

Maybe you havent noticed but California has 39 million people and at least 8 million of them are illegal aliens.

Sorry, but I dont have the voting power to overcome that.

Back to your quote though, if you are suggesting or promoting a violent civil war to replace current tyranical governments in America, I wouldnt be opposed to that. In all honesty, its a cause I will pick up a weapon for. But until that day comes, I will be enjoying the warm surf of Hawaii and the beautiful fishing of Montana with lower taxes and more freedom than California.

Call me when you are ready to fire the first shot, until then, spare me your Sam Adams idolation.

Only a dolt would conclude that I meant to invoke revolution in the context our discussion. I will put it to you in such plain language that even you can understand the meaning.

If you do not intend to lend your support for the cause of liberty in California, leave- and we will be happy to forget you ever existed.

We have no room in our memories to abide those who scorn our struggle, calling our efforts vanity and retreat to the safety behind other state lines.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

Only a dolt would conclude that I meant to invoke revolution in the context our discussion. I will put it to you in such plain language that even you can understand the meaning.

Only a dolt would use a quote by samuel adams about support for a violent revolution to overthrow the existing ruling government and then call someone else a dolt for reminding him of the meaning.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

This forum advocates law abiding activity and changing the laws we don't like by working through our respective state legislatures. Those in states like CA, MD, NY, NJ and others obey the law and work to change the law -- and DONT advocate ignoring them or overthrowing the institutions that create them. Yes, you have the right to leave California just as I have the right to circumvent its borders. If I had to move to a restrictive state, I wouldn't throw in the towel. I would obey the law and work to get it changed. By the way, this forum DOES NOT ADVOCATE COMMITTING ACTS OF TREASON TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION OF ADVOCATING RESPONSIBLE OPEN CARRY. Anti-gun activists will be watching these forums and your comment of being willing to violently overthrow the legitimate government of the United States is uncalled for and not helpful to our cause. And spare me the history lesson.

Why are you directing this towards me ? I wasnt the one who quoted sam adams about recruiting people for a war against the government.

In addition, I directed my comments towards "tyranical" governments, which the US Constitution says I have the right to replace, by whatever means necesarry.

But your system of voting and asking the government to give you back your INALIENABLE rights isnt working too well, is it ?