• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Brown: Warns "I'm going to veto a lot of bills over the next 30 days."

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Governor Brown: Warns "I'm going to veto a lot of bills over the next 30 days."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolaler...-brown-warns-of-veto-blues.html#ixzz1Xy1asUp6

September 14, 2011
Jerry Brown warns of 'veto blues' as he mulls about 600 bills
Gov. Jerry Brown said this morning that he will veto many of the hundreds of bills passed by the Legislature last week, calling many of them unnecessary.

"I'm going to veto a lot of bills over the next 30 days," Brown told reporters in Sacramento. "So, I have to say to some, 'Fasten your seat belt, because it's going to be a rough ride. You've given me 600 bills, and there's not 600 problems that we need those solutions for."

Brown said, "I think there will be plenty of veto blues."

The Democratic governor is likely to use the veto to demonstrate a record of restraint.

"Not every human problem needs a law," he said. "That's kind of my first principle that I'll be applying."

Brown did not say what bills he plans to veto.

If he does use the veto pen aggressively, it will be a departure: Brown vetoed fewer than 5 percent of regular session bills when he was governor before, from 1975 to 1983.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolaler...-brown-warns-of-veto-blues.html#ixzz1XyIy6OVo

Now, the question remains... is unloaded open carry a human problem that he believes needs a law?

Lawful Aim

I will bet that he will VETO AB144.

I don't believe he sees UOC as a problem and I don't believe that he sees AB144 supporters putting forth a valid argument considering UOC has always been lawful and the best argument AB144 supporters can come up with is that UOC makes people uncomfortable.

Although the quote below doesn't specifically relate to the subject at hand, he still has indicated he is a proponent of the right to keep and bear arms thus has an opportunity to express such again.

Brown has angered gun control proponents, especially when he urged the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Chicago's handgun ban.

"I have respect for the Second Amendment," said Brown, who owns three guns and targets shoots occasionally on his ranch east of Chico, Calif. "Gun ownership is a fundamental right."

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Now is the time for you guys to hit the Governor's office hard with phone calls, emails, letters, visits. The more people he hears from the more likely he will be to veto it. I am hoping for the best for you guys!

coolusername2007

Jerry Brown is no friend of the 2A. Maybe some of you guys have amnesia.

For the moment I don't care if he's pro-2A or an anti, for the moment all I care about is getting him to veto these bills. So everybody who can should call his office. And get your wife, friends, neighbors, etc to call also.

Our chances for a veto from the left have never been better.

Ca Patriot

Have you called or written the Governor to urge him to veto AB144?

No. I lost hope in California 8 years ago and bought a condo in another state. I have been basically forced to be here in CA for 9 months of the year due to my work but now my company is leaving and I am done with California. I voted in all the elections and I have always tried to convince people in CA to change but its a lost cause.

I will now be splitting my time between Hawaii and Montana.

I have no desire to stay in this state and pay its unjust taxes and be subjected to its unjust laws.

Sure I could call Jerry Brown, but honestly I dont care anymore. In fact, I will take some delight in watching the continued downfall of California.

Gundude

No. I lost hope in California 8 years ago and bought a condo in another state. I have been basically forced to be here in CA for 9 months of the year due to my work but now my company is leaving and I am done with California. I voted in all the elections and I have always tried to convince people in CA to change but its a lost cause.

I have no desire to stay in this state and pay its unjust taxes and be subjected to its unjust laws.

Sure I could call Jerry Brown, but honestly I dont care anymore. In fact, I will take some delight in watching the continued downfall of California.

And I will take some delight in adding you to my ignore list.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer

Good of you to stop by and give us a pep talk. What is heartwarming is your continued and tireless contributions defending liberty where the cause most needs our combined efforts. Thank you for standing the gap for us in our time of need.

Ca Patriot

okay, i'll drive over the jerrys house tonight and ring his doorbell at 3am and beg and plead for him to not sign the bill.

will it make any difference ? no

gun rights isnt the only reason i am leaving california. but make no mistake, i am leaving.

like i said before, california is a lost cause and there is nothing any of us can do.

even if the state granted me the right to carry a bazooka inside a school that was inside a federal building i wouldnt stay here.

The Big Guy

You are part of the solution, or just part of the problem.

TBG

Lawful Aim

like i said before, california is a lost cause and there is nothing any of us can do.

With that attitude we would still be putting the king's stamps on all our possessions.

Thank You, to all of those who fought in the Revolutionary war and didn't take that position.

Will you be changing your member name too to reflect your decision?

Save Our State

With that attitude we would still be putting the king's stamps on all our possessions.

Thank You, to all of those who fought in the Revolutionary war and didn't take that position.

Will you be changing your member name too to reflect your decision?

I concur. If everyone took his or her attitude, America would be a nation of transients

rushcreek2

I am an EX- Kalifornian since 1961. 1978 would be my last visit to the PDRKA.

I occassionally spend some $$$ online at the Glock Store in San Diego , but that's pretty much it.

The PDRKA is on my " NO-GO" list along with NJ, NY, Il, DE, MD, and Mexico.

ANY state that invokes disarmament of the law-abiding as the "remedy" for ARMED gang-banger anarchy is a pathetic failure of governance, and a monument to Lenists social engineering gone amuck.

Unless this trend is reversed all that will remain in CA will be neo-Marxists professors, their flocks of mind-numbed sheep, and those UNFORTUNATES anchored to California business operations.

California is NOT to big to fail. The State's Obama-money watering hole is dry, and its Lenists -utopian session-time has expired. Perhaps Jerry Brown IS READING the TEA PARTY leaves, will do the right thing, and start pulling the State back from the abiss.

wrightme

So, it isn't about YOU, so you "don't care anymore?"

If you still are a constituent, I urge you to reconsider, for the sake of those still in the state of like mind.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
gun rights isnt [sic] the only reason i am leaving california. but make no mistake, i am leaving.

even if the state granted me the right to carry a bazooka inside a school that was inside a federal building i wouldnt stay here.

Here, allow me to put my rebuke another way;

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” Samuel Adams

Ca Patriot

Here, allow me to put my rebuke another way;

That quote was specifically about rising VIOLENTLY against a foreign/federal government. He was talking about the British and a revolution.

The founding fathers clearly created states and states rights with the intent that if you didnt like your state you could move to another one with laws more to your liking.

Maybe you havent noticed but California has 39 million people and at least 8 million of them are illegal aliens.

Sorry, but I dont have the voting power to overcome that.

Back to your quote though, if you are suggesting or promoting a violent civil war to replace current tyranical governments in America, I wouldnt be opposed to that. In all honesty, its a cause I will pick up a weapon for. But until that day comes, I will be enjoying the warm surf of Hawaii and the beautiful fishing of Montana with lower taxes and more freedom than California.

Call me when you are ready to fire the first shot, until then, spare me your Sam Adams idolation.

Last edited: