• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy from Haysville

MudFlap

Just thought I'd stop in and say Hi. I've been lurking around here for quite a while, since I was deployed to Iraq. I got home in May, and have been OC'ing where allowed. I have decided to bite the proverbial bullet and allow the government to extort money from me by getting my concealed permit. At least that way I won't make myself a felon and lose my rights altogether. I do plan to continue to OC after I get my permit, tho.

I had a brief discussion with a Haysville cop a few nights ago on my way home from work. I asked if HV had any ordinance banning OC. He proceeded to tell me that as long as I had a concealed permit, he didn't see anything wrong with it. I reminded him that the discussion wasn't about concealed carrying, and it's not about whether or not he sees anything wrong with it. Finally he admitted that he knew nothing about the subject and recommended that I go to the city's website, and read up on the ordinances. That proved to be a fruitless search.

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop in and say hello, and if there are members from HV, I'd like to meet up sometime. Always looking for like-minded people to link up with.

MudFlap

Actually, I just went thru the HV public code on their website, and under Chapter 11 - Public Offenses, there was no mention of carrying a firearm, with exception of minors. It's a crime (misdemeanor) to keep firearms to include BB Guns, Pellet Guns, Airsoft Guns, or Paintball guns within reach of a minor, unless it has a trigger lock installed.

marine0300

Open Carry Haysville

That is good news for you that Haysville doesn’t mention anything about open carry.

The best city ordinances don’t address OC at all. That means OC reverts to state law and is legal.

I to have my concealed carry permit and I do what I call the transition. I go back and forth from OC to CC all the time. You may find a situation where it’s better to CC. I probably CC 80% and OC 20%. I love OC the best!

lanceegarrison

Hello mud flap from Haysville.

I'm from Haysville too.

My step father was on the city council and friends with the Chief of Police.

We spoke to him about open carry . Haysville has a code called uniform public offence code just like derby or andover.

This allows for loaded open carry. The police don't like it but the law is the law.

I'm like minded you may want to Google my phone number.

Lance Garrison
316-312-6329