• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st amendment upheld in doctor/gun bill

77zach

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/us/florida-law-restricting-queries-on-guns-is-halted.html

This was a strange bill that violated one liberty, and did nothing for the right to bear arms.

Do we know what's coming down the road from them (the NRA) next session? Obviously OC is the most important thing, by far, that FL lacks, even if they don't know it. I assume they're not interested. May they even oppose it so as not to take away time from their "priority legislation"???

Maybe they'll pick some off limits places to go after. That would be nice but too many students are apathetic to go for college carry, it seems. Bars and "bar areas" would be my vote as an NRA member. Seems to me that wouldn't be very difficult.

After that stunt with the guy at the south Fl school board meeting, maybe they should address the folly of government meetings being victim disarmament zones? That guy was there waving his gun around for a long time before security showed up. He could have killed a lot of people in that time.

Last edited:

Mas49.56

I've dealt with many gunshot wound patients over the years. Some of them the classic "I didn't know it was loaded." The poor guys were in a lot of pain and pissed off at themselves. I have never seen a Doctor tell them anything but "Be a little more careful next time". I agree it was a silly bill, if you don't like your city Doctors anti stance, then drive a little farther and see a country Doc;).
I agree, the bar area thing needs to be cleaned up, or eliminated all together. There is a music hall here that serves drinks, charges for shows, and serves food. How the heck am I supposed to figure out if it's a restricted place? A citizen should not have to deal with this BS.
I would like to see OC expanded in any way, even if it's adding places and activities piecemeal, such as hiking, biking, etc... I'm pissed this winter I won't be able to go out to eat and take my jacket off if the restaurant is to hot. Maybe I could "briefly" take it off for 15 minutes at a time?:dude:

77zach

I would like to see OC expanded in any way, even if it's adding places and activities piecemeal, such as hiking, biking, etc...:

I think Fl carry is doing this. Evers also told a forum member over the phone that he would also be looking at strategies for striking "brieflY" for license holders. There could be a way to piggy back an amendment to another bill affecting 790.

Last edited:

Rich7553

I've dealt with many gunshot wound patients over the years. Some of them the classic "I didn't know it was loaded." The poor guys were in a lot of pain and pissed off at themselves. I have never seen a Doctor tell them anything but "Be a little more careful next time". I agree it was a silly bill, if you don't like your city Doctors anti stance, then drive a little farther and see a country Doc;).
I agree, the bar area thing needs to be cleaned up, or eliminated all together. There is a music hall here that serves drinks, charges for shows, and serves food. How the heck am I supposed to figure out if it's a restricted place? A citizen should not have to deal with this BS.
I would like to see OC expanded in any way, even if it's adding places and activities piecemeal, such as hiking, biking, etc... I'm pissed this winter I won't be able to go out to eat and take my jacket off if the restaurant is to hot. Maybe I could "briefly" take it off for 15 minutes at a time?:dude:

The primary culprits in this were pediatricians, who are championing the American Academy of Pediatrics' goal of a total ban on firearms (per their own pre-3/9/11 statement). They claim their motivation is the health and safety of children in homes where guns are present, however when they refuse service to famlies who decline to answer a gun ownership patient, it appears their motivation takes a back seat to their political agenda.