• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek OC get together?

Yance

I see a lot of events taking place on the east side of the state recently, I was hoping to get something organized in the Battle Creek area for those of us on the west side of the state. Any ideas are welcome, or if anyone knows of upcoming events let me know, Id like to have it before the weather starts to go downhill.

Thanks.

PDinDetroit

I see a lot of events taking place on the east side of the state recently, I was hoping to get something organized in the Battle Creek area for those of us on the west side of the state. Any ideas are welcome, or if anyone knows of upcoming events let me know, Id like to have it before the weather starts to go downhill.

Thanks.

Welcome to OCDO!

Didn't that already happen this am? :cuss:

I do not believe we have anything scheduled, but you are certainly welcome to do so (OCDO is a Grass-Roots Org). There are some in that area who will probably chime in shortly. Just some thoughts about it...

1. Get-Togethers can take any number of forms, we have seen Picnics/Outdoor Events, Dinners at Restaurants, Fun Shoots, and even Bowling work out pretty well.

2. Consider "scouting out" the locations/establishments to ensure that there are no issues with carry there for CPL and Non-CPL Holders (like a restaurant with a Liquor License whether they serve or not). A simple conversation with a business owner can go a long, long way.

3. Provide complete location and event information in the Main Thread Posting. Things have a way of "getting lost in the thread" without maintaining information at the top (you as OP can go back and edit the thread posting).

Last edited:

Yance

Haha yeah, walked outside and I dont think it was 40 yet, I could see my breath :shocker:

Thanks for the tips though, I'll start looking at places around town that would be suitable for having such a get together and start talking to the necessary people. I just wanted to get the word out so everyone had a heads up and could make any suggestions. Ive never organized an event like this before so I'm not quite sure where to start.

PDinDetroit

Haha yeah, walked outside and I dont think it was 40 yet, I could see my breath :shocker:

Thanks for the tips though, I'll start looking at places around town that would be suitable for having such a get together and start talking to the necessary people. I just wanted to get the word out so everyone had a heads up and could make any suggestions. Ive never organized an event like this before so I'm not quite sure where to start.

A good experience then! I am sure you will do just fine...

You can always post questions here and on MGO (which has a sister thread) or consider PM for some questions.