• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good place for a haircut

decklin

So I was going to get a haircut at the place I normally go to. It is the Hair Masters located on A street in Auburn. I make it a habit to check entrances for signs prohibiting weapons and have never seen one at this location before. It looked like a brand new sticker. I was not about to disarm myself for their convenience. Especially as I went on my motorcycle.
I sent a message to Hair Masters asking about their policy. Does anyone know their policy?
Where do you guys go for a haircut in the South King/North Pierce area? Sorry if I missed a thread for that.

tombrewster421

I know that Gogo goes to Sportclips in Federal Way. If you want south Pierce you could come to my house and my mom will cut your hair. We're about 15 minutes south of the east gate of JBLM.

decklin

I know that Gogo goes to Sportclips in Federal Way. If you want south Pierce you could come to my house and my mom will cut your hair. We're about 15 minutes south of the east gate of JBLM.

Thank you for the information and the offer. Roy is a little far for a haircut, though.

tombrewster421

Thank you for the information and the offer. Roy is a little far for a haircut, though.

Closer than you think really. The people we've had rent the apartment above our garage are all military and they love how fast the commute is because of the high speed limits and no traffic. It really would take a lot longer to get to federal way. My mom probably charges more than you'd want to pay anyway though. :)

Last edited:

decklin

Closer than you think really. The people we've had rent the apartment above our garage are all military and they love how fast the commute is because of the high speed limits and no traffic. It really would take a lot longer to get to federal way. My mom probably charges more than you'd want to pay anyway though. :)

Alot longer for you. I'm less than 10 minutes from Federal Way.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

For the past 2 years I have had my haircut at SportClips in Federal Way with no issues. A curious question on one or two occasions.

Metalhead47

Just do what I did. Get yerself a nice Wahl clipper and do it yerself. Pays for its self after just a few trims, no commute, no gas, no tip, and you can carry anything you durn well please however you durn well please. ;)

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I've been cutting my hair since I was a sophomore in high school. Now I'm "all grown up" and still doing. I used to just go no gaurd and cut it all off, now I use an electric shaver on the sides everyday and give myself a high and tight. Shave it daily, clean cut.

(my daughter was just born Monday morning!!!) But here is the high and tight. I've done the math and I have saved THOUSANDS by cutting my own hair. You should do it too. After doing it for so long I think it is just silly to have someone else cut my hair.

Last edited:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I've been cutting my hair since I was a sophomore in high school. Now I'm "all grown up" and still doing. I used to just go no gaurd and cut it all off, now I use an electric shaver on the sides everyday and give myself a high and tight. Shave it daily, clean cut.

(my daughter was just born Monday morning!!!) But here is the high and tight. I've done the math and I have saved THOUSANDS by cutting my own hair. You should do it to. After doing it for so long I think it is just silly to have someone else cut my hair.
DSCN0565.jpg

Congratulations on the new addition! She's beautiful!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
As I come on here boasting about cutting my own hair;

this morning I jacked it up while shaving the sides of my head, I made it even worse trying to fix it. soOoOoOOo As of right now I am bald. O_O (you gotta be willing to be bald if you're cutting it yourself, it happens!)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

this morning I jacked it up while shaving the sides of my head, I made it even worse trying to fix it. soOoOoOOo As of right now I am bald. O_O (you gotta be willing to be bald if you're cutting it yourself, it happens!)

I too cut my hair. I have also messed up and went bald. The guys at work called me Lightbulb for two weeks. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!! Hope you and your wife are doing well also.

Metalhead47

Considering you have a brand new daughter, that may be a good thing. It will save you from pulling it out down the road :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tannerwaterbury

Well I usually cut my own hair, but there is a place in Kelso called Pacific Barber Shop. The price is 4 Dollars for a cut, and the owner is a REALLY nice guy. I highly recommend going there for a cut if you ever come through Kelso.

heresolong

Not helpful for you, but I've been going to Wally's in Bellingham for years and having Deana cut my hair. Generally have my gun on and no one has ever commented except a couple kids who asked questions. One asked his mom and she told him to ask me. We had a nice conversation about taking care of yourself.

decklin

Well, good news. I got a call this morning from the Regional Manager located in Seattle for Hair Masters. She told me that Hair Masters does not have a policy against weapons. The sticker I saw on the window was put up by the property manager. They apparently have a problem with kids/gangs (her words) hanging around the plaza intimidating people. Apparently the property manager thought his little red sticker would deter them from entering the establishment. The woman on the phone thought that was funny too.
She told me I was welcome in their shops. She did however mention she was sure people cc'd in there alot. I'm not sure she was aware of OC. I did refer her to the website and how the forums work with the DNP lists. She sounded very happy when I told her I would post this and she probably increased her business.