Thread: Legality of ky game and fish regulation

Activist Member

Legality of ky game and fish regulation

I was looking through the Kentucky hunting and trapping guide and on pg 45 it states "when hunting on state owned property and not in a hunting zone that firearms must be unloaded and encased". This sounds like something else that needs fixed, how could they make you unload and case your firearm? This seem like it would violate our state constitution, anyone have any insight?

In my experience, I've never seen a KDFWR LEO on any of the nat'l or State forests that I've been on during regular modern gun seasons.

I've noticed that part before, and just ignored it. Who seriously goes into any woodland with an unloaded, encased sidearm? what do they want you to do when a bear comes charging? throw the case at them and play dead? Sorry, bear's aren't stupid, lol.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Look in the F&W definitions of a "firearm". In WA a "firearm" for purposes of F&W regulations is a long gun, not a handgun carried for self protection. It is possible Kentucky F&W have the same definition?

Activist Member
    A firearm is any weapon capable of producing a shot, which is why I said thiscould not be enforced BC it violates our state constitution.