Thread: Oc get together's.

Oc get together's.

I noticed there are a lot of OC get together's in southern WA, but haven't seen any in my area. Is there ever any held in the Everett/Marysville/Arlington area? I would like to go to these, but all the posts I see are in places hours from where I live. If there are any OCers in my area, let's plan something. Look forward to meeting new people with the same interests.

My advice to you is to post an event. Pick a day, time, and place and post it here. You will be surprised how many folks may show up. No need to wait for an event, start your own!!! Good luck!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Thanks I will do that.

Centurion
    I am visiting here in Washington, Auburn area for the next couple of days. I've been OC'ing everywhere I've gone since arriving.

That's cool. I'm from SLC and just came back from leave there. I OCed the whole time I was there.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    My advice to you is to post an event. Pick a day, time, and place and post it here. You will be surprised how many folks may show up. No need to wait for an event, start your own!!! Good luck!
    I 2nd this. It's kind of like the movie "Field of Dreams". Build it and they will come.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I 2nd this. It's kind of like the movie "Field of Dreams". Build it and they will come.
    DO NOT!!! Ask who wants to come, where, when????

Pick a place! Tell a time! And a place! And a day!

If you leave it up to debate,, nobody will show,,,, EVER!!!

Just put out the day, place and time that YOU are having a meet, some people will come!!!!

Squeak and many others will back me up on this little piece of Truth!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    DO NOT!!! Ask who wants to come, where, when????

Pick a place! Tell a time! And a place! And a day!

If you leave it up to debate,, nobody will show,,,, EVER!!!

Just put out the day, place and time that YOU are having a meet, some people will come!!!!

Squeak and many others will back me up on this little piece of Truth!!!
    YUP, he's right!

Passing it along

UNTRUE URBAN LEGEND REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn‘t mean we don’t support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you’ll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
    Sgt. Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT

Thats a false Email.... its been around for some time now.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn‘t mean we don’t support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you’ll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
    Sgt. Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Thats a false Email.... its been around for some time now.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
    DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GOOGLE A DARN THING? Good job tannerwaterbury! And Tacitus....delete your post so as not to confuse anyone. So far Starbucks/Howard Shultz has been in favor of gun owners and recently suggested not supporting politicians with any money. Not to bad in my book.
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GOOGLE A DARN THING? Good job tannerwaterbury! And Tacitus....delete your post so as not to confuse anyone. So far Starbucks/Howard Shultz has been in favor of gun owners and recently suggested not supporting politicians with any money. Not to bad in my book.
    +1

And my cousins told me Starbucks sent them cases of double shots. I have no reason to doubt them.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)