• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry on let it rip

Mitchell

Yes, I will second that it is highly lop sided. But per usual Rick held his own.

When seconds count, police are minutes away.

Haman J.T.

I appreciate Ricks work with the mentaly challenged.It's hard work,like beating your head against a wall!

scot623

Call the police huh?...Last I heard, 911 was called and the line was left open during this murder. Guess calling the police didn't do $h!t for this family.

Two men wearing hoodies, one black and one of unknown race, disrupted power to the home at about 8:30 p.m.

"It was dark at the time. Lights went out. The victim went outside to investigate and at that point was confronted with these individuals," said Dearborn Heights Police Captain Jeff Seipenko. "We don't believe it was a random home invasion. We believe that the family, the individual, was targeted or the home. You've got young children that are at the house along with other family members that witnessed this."

"They held him hostage for a little bit -- five, ten minutes -- as they searched the house. They got what they needed. They didn't need to shoot him at the end. It was tragic," Fradi told us.

What's that last sentence say?..."Police are looking for help in the case." Interesting, the family was looking for help before the father was murdered.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...lly-shot-in-front-of-his-family-20110915-wpms

Onnie

Call the police huh?...Last I heard, 911 was called and the line was left open during this murder. Guess calling the police didn't do $h!t for this family.

Two men wearing hoodies, one black and one of unknown race, disrupted power to the home at about 8:30 p.m.

"It was dark at the time. Lights went out. The victim went outside to investigate and at that point was confronted with these individuals," said Dearborn Heights Police Captain Jeff Seipenko. "We don't believe it was a random home invasion. We believe that the family, the individual, was targeted or the home. You've got young children that are at the house along with other family members that witnessed this."

"They held him hostage for a little bit -- five, ten minutes -- as they searched the house. They got what they needed. They didn't need to shoot him at the end. It was tragic," Fradi told us.

What's that last sentence say?..."Police are looking for help in the case." Interesting, the family was looking for help before the father was murdered.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...lly-shot-in-front-of-his-family-20110915-wpms

I rolled my eyes when the police officer in the middle said some people are meant to be cops and some people are meant to call the cops.................I call those VICTIMS!

DanM

I watched the segment the night it came on. Yet again on Fox 2, they out-manned Rick E. but he out-gunned them with reason, logic, and reality.

Props to Rick! Job well done!

Last edited:

cmdr_iceman71

Yes Rick held his own and was just about to drive the final stake through the heart of the matter (when youre confronted by a violent criminal outside your home) and then Perkins cut them off. I wouldve loved to see that LEO tap-dance an answer to that question.

DanM

Yes Rick held his own and was just about to drive the final stake through the heart of the matter (when youre confronted by a violent criminal outside your home) and then Perkins cut them off. I wouldve loved to see that LEO tap-dance an answer to that question.

Hey, Rick, what was the pre and post show conversation like? Are there interesting differences between what goes on informally and on-camera? I've always wondered what you think of the true gun-rights feelings of Huel, Langdon, LeDuff, etc. are, despite how they act on set.

NHCGRPR45

I rolled my eyes when the police officer in the middle said some people are meant to be cops and some people are meant to call the cops.................I call those VICTIMS!

Well I would still call, but hopefully the outcome would be in my favor. I rely on the only person I can rely on. ME. Because unless I am shooting at the bad guys with the cops I'll probably be by myself with cops minutes away.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Well I would still call, but hopefully the outcome would be in my favor. I rely on the only person I can rely on. ME. Because unless I am shooting at the bad guys with the cops I'll probably be by myself with cops minutes away.

Does this mean You & the cops shooting at the bad guy? Or one of the persons with the cops is the "bad guy" you'll be shooting at? Don't answer; I just thought I'd point out that sometimes typing late at night can lead to confusion...it often does in my case ;) But then again, so does reading anything that PAT posts here, so I thought I'd beat him to it in a nice way. :D

NHCGRPR45

Does this mean You & the cops shooting at the bad guy? Or one of the persons with the cops is the "bad guy" you'll be shooting at? Don't answer; I just thought I'd point out that sometimes typing late at night can lead to confusion...it often does in my case ;) But then again, so does reading anything that PAT posts here, so I thought I'd beat him to it in a nice way. :D

I am not answering. I won't do it. Your stirring the pot, SIR. So I will say only this ... - - - ... some guy named morse came up with that, you take whatever meaning you wish:p Sir Glock. Oh you can try out my Glock 31 while out at the shooting range with ambiguous rules that people ask questions about, get answers to, then ask the same question in a diffrent way.

I just made that cypher up. :idea:You get 3 free rounds of ammo if you can name that location. And 3 more if you can do it in more ambiguous terms than me. But do it in PM's or the thread will be utterly and hopelessly lost as the rules will be argued over for a undisclosed amount of time.

See cat at left for appropriate facial expression.

Onnie

right but you would call AFTER its over, because during the life threatening event, you have one thing on your mind....and that is to preserve your or your love-ones lives from some goomba that wants to take it or will take it if you make the slightest of moves.

As I seen the interview, this cop seem to indicate that you should NEVER defend yourself because you are not one of the chosen few who were MEANT to be a cop. We non Police Officers are not worthy of acting in own defense.

I never cared for Charlie LaDuff's reporting and after his intro of a "Man with a Piece" then he confirming he carrys and its ok for him but not the rest of the public, I kinda lost all respect for him.

I knew they were going to beat up on Rick, and he at least got his point across

Last edited:

cmdr_iceman71

Did anyone notice how Perkins slyly got away with implying Rick was now "a man of violence" when Perkins refered to Rick as: "he was a man of peace before hand because he didn’t even own a gun…" I was surprised Rick let that one go but then of course he had to keep his eye on the bigger picture.

Still, I would argue that those who are staunchly opposed to anyone using moral violence stop immoral violence are the true violent people among us. How so? Because those type of pacifists enable a climate of violence to flourish around them unabated. They have mistakenly elevated the idea of peace at all costs above what is morally right and good.

There is a reason why we refer our LEOs and Military personnel as "peacekeepers." It is because they are prepared to use moral violence to keep the peace. And folks that is where Huel Perkins comes off the rails, he makes no distinction between moral violence and immoral violence. To him it is all the same.

Bronson

How so? Because those type of pacifists enable a climate of violence to flourish around them unabated. They have mistakenly elevated the idea of peace at all costs above what is morally right and good.

Why The Gun In Civilization?

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.

If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.
When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.
There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Bronson