• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA Times quotes OpenCarry.org's John Pierce

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-guns-20110917,0,6149742.story?track=lat-pick

SNIP

Open-carry proponents say that the practice is harmless and that California lawmakers are pursuing an agenda to disarm the public.

"There is no reason to do this other than a general dislike of gun rights," said John Pierce, a spokesman for OpenCarry.org, an online clearinghouse for the movement.

He said no crimes have been committed in the name of open-carry advocacy in recent years as the movement has gained national attention. And he noted that activists have enshrined the right to openly carry firearms in Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming.

If California prohibits the practice, he said, it will be going against the grain. "The national trend is exactly the opposite direction."

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Very cool (about John). Unfortunately California just doesn't get. The only hope they have now is a veto by Governor Brown which seems unlikely. Not sure what it will take to change the political climate there. To those of you from CA: Keep fighting and don't give up!