Thread: Notice to all owners of firearms in CT

Connecticut USA

Notice to all owners of firearms in CT

To all Connecticut owners of firearms, whether they are handguns or long guns.

For the past several years I have attempted to seek individuals who would be willing to financially support specific firearm related civil, criminal and administrative cases which address the constant confrontation of law abiding owners of firearms.

Many of the cases have been and are discussed on this message board, IE. Kuck, Goldberg, Peruta, Doutel, Burgess and others.

One only has to read the posts on this and other message boards to get a feel of what is happening on a regular basis when law abiding owners of firearms and law enforcement come together.

Whether you carry openly or concealed with a valid Permit to Carry, you run the risk of confrontation and possible arrest and seizure of your weapon or weapons by members of law enforcement who enforce laws that do not exist or misinterpret and then attempt to use those that do.

As a firearm advocate since 2007 I have received hundreds calls and emails with stories relating to confrontations with law enforcement when no confrontation should have occurred.

The most recent was this past Thursday night at the Marriott in Farmington when a Marriott employee approached me because I was openly carrying my sidearm in all areas of the hotel all week while there on business with Attorney Baird.

The employee told me of being confronted, detained and taken to Hartford P.D. approximately eight months ago just because a Walmart security guard had notice he was carrying a firearm concealed, "PRINTING". He asked me if I had a permit and when I acknowledged that I did and that I was an instructor, we both had a great conversation.

I also thanked the hotel manager for not making a big deal of my carrying openly for the entire time I was at the hotel.

I firmly believe that the Connecticut legislature has failed to address the current laws to bring them into compliance with the Supreme Court decisions in Heller and McDonald.

If you are interested in joining the growing number of individuals who wish to support firearms rights in Connecticut please visit

Thank you in advance,

Ed Peruta

If you are interested in offering support please visit
    Last edited by Edward Peruta; 09-17-2011 at 10:16 AM.

, ,
    I'm all for supporting the effort (you know I've been wanting this for awhile now).

I wish we had a group dedicated to just this purpose. Something like CT Second Amendment Legal Defense Fund or something like that.

An actual managed group with a few board members could be a useful thing. Not that I'm all for large groups and all, but I'm looking at it as another strong group working on our rights here in this state.

OK, asbestos suit on, Flame away!

Jonathan - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.