Thread: SB 93 Update: Carrying & Possessing Firearms in Wisconsin | State Bar of Wisconsin

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

SB 93 Update: Carrying & Possessing Firearms in Wisconsin | State Bar of Wisconsin

Tom Neoinarian's post is most unprofessional if indeed he is a
    professional. "So I'm the one" professional enough to do this, as he
    shoots his credibility into the internet.

http://www.wisbar.org/AM/Template.cf...ferenceID=5603

By attending this webcast, you’ll learn the major provisions of SB 93, and be able to answer questions such as:
    •Can you bring a gun into Lambeau field or other public places?
    •What about schools? Workplace environments?
    •Will handguns be permitted in courthouses when court is in session?
    •How about beyond the security point at an airport?
    Instead of paying $95 to hear a DOJ attorney explain how they'll break the law, people can read the law for themselves for free (PDF below).

Will people be allowed to carry in...:
    Lambeau Field? No. They've already said they'll post themselves as a criminal empowerment zone.
    Public places? Yes.
    Schools? Colleges, yes, unless they post. Children's schools, not on the grounds [except in very limited circumstances]. With a permit, yes, within 1000'.
    Workplaces? Yes, unless the business owner decides to give up the immunity from liability.
    Courthouses? No, unless a permit holder & listed in the law, or given permission by a judge.
    . . . Municipal buildings that also include courtrooms? Not in the court while in session, unless a permit holder & listed in the law, or given permission by a judge.
    Beyond airport security? Not unless you're a federal marshal or LEO w/ special permission, or part of the armed flight crew program.

What you’ll learn:
    •How the licensing system will work [OK, this might actually be useful to hear]
    •What will be considered proper training to carry a concealed weapon
    •What kinds of weapons can be carried
    •Places where you can and cannot carry a concealed weapon
    Again, people can read the bill for free, and apparently get a clearer understanding than the 'pros' at DOJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Instead of paying $95 to hear a DOJ attorney explain how they'll break the law, people can read the law for themselves for free (PDF below).

Again, people can read the bill for free, and apparently get a clearer understanding than the 'pros' at DOJ.
    No one would ever bother except an attorney who needs the continuing legal education credit the course provides for $75 to bar members.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBomba View Post
    No one would ever bother except an attorney who needs the continuing legal education credit the course provides for $75 to bar members.
    and that's a problem. They are going to be spreading their lies to other lawyers who the residents would then turn around and ask legal question of who would would then be given the same incorrect info the lawyers were given....

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Tom Neoinarian's post is most unprofessional if indeed he is a
    professional. "So I'm the one" professional enough to do this, as he
    shoots his credibility into the internet.
    What does this class you listed have to do with Administrative Code which is being developed? You can't have a class on something which has not yet been put into effect..

Or maybe these stupid munciple attorney's who can't seem to actually read the law will learn their proposed local bans are no good.

BTW, who is Tom Neoinarian and what does he have to do with this class? This class in taught by a guy name perlman.
    Unless I haven't gotten to that post yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBomba View Post
    "Please note that the archive is for informational purposes only and does not qualify for continuing legal education credits."
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    What does this class you listed have to do with Administrative Code which is being developed? You can't have a class on something which has not yet been put into effect..
    Then how can you and Tom comment on Code not yet developed?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    SNIP
    BTW, who is Tom Neoinarian and what does he have to do with this class?
    See this post.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95021
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Then how can you and Tom comment on Code not yet developed?
    I have spoken with at least 2 different people (I will have to check my notes. I may have talked to a 3rd) who have 1st hand knowledge from DOJ contacts. neoinarien being one of them. All of the stories match. None of these people know each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoinarien View Post
    So I am the guy, and attorney (former state prosecutor and I've spent time in the court of appeals and while there did work on firearms law), with connections within the DOJ committee who is putting together the admin code, training course, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I have spoken with at least 2 different people (I will have to check my notes. I may have talked to a 3rd) who have 1st hand knowledge from DOJ contacts. neoinarien being one of them. All of the stories match. None of these people know each other.
    So we have you and a kid one year out of College. I think the Inquirer has better sources.

Oak, I disagree with much of what neoinarian has posted so far, but I think your characterization isn't right.

If what he's saying is true ("former state prosecutor"), I hardly think it's fair to characterize him as "a kid one year out of college".

Besides, aren't we supposed to try to avoid personal insults/attacks, relying instead on facts with citations?
    (ETA: forum rules #6 & 9)
    Last edited by MKEgal; 09-18-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    "Please note that the archive is for informational purposes only and does not qualify for continuing legal education credits."
    Mlutz, you had an eye jump. The sentence you cite refers to the ARCHIVED class content, not the webcast class:

"Only the purchaser will have access to the live webcast seminar and the credits attached to the live webcast. After the seminar, the purchaser will get access to the archive of the event via myStateBar for approximately 90 days. Please note that the archive is for informational purposes only and does not qualify for continuing legal education credits."

I did miss that. Sorry.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Oak, I disagree with much of what neoinarian has posted so far, but I think your characterization isn't right.

If what he's saying is true ("former state prosecutor"), I hardly think it's fair to characterize him as "a kid one year out of college".

Besides, aren't we supposed to try to avoid personal insults/attacks, relying instead on facts with citations?
    (ETA: forum rules #6 & 9)
    IF.