Thread: Question about Serpa Duty holster

Question about Serpa Duty holster

I have a Serpa Level 2 Duty holster and I have a question regarding how it locks onto the belt. It has two belt loop hooks but you can't just slide it onto the belt, you have to unscrew and tighten to have it stay tight on the belt. Well as you can imagine this gets INCREDIBLY old, FAST. Is there anything I can do? Buy a new attachment? Different belt? I carry with a Crossbreed belt.

I recommend that you call Blackhawk directly and ask them if there are different attachments you can buy for that particular holster. If not maybe get a different serpa holster that has the belt attachment you want. I have a Serpa Level 2 Tactical CQC holster. It comes with a paddle so I don't need a belt. It also comes with a belt attachment that actually has belt slots that you can adjust to your belt size. It's a great holster. Hope this helps.

I just tried one of my Non-Gun belts and that seems to work as its not nearly as thick, so I might just start using that instead.

Sweet.

I have a level 2 Serpa duty holster and it's designed to be kept on a duty belt. It's not meant to be removed easily like the Serpa concealment holsters. Get yourself a 2 or 2.5" wide duty belt and mount the holster on it then use belt keepers to hold the entire rig to your regular pants belt.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I have a level 2 Serpa duty holster and it's designed to be kept on a duty belt. It's not meant to be removed easily like the Serpa concealment holsters. Get yourself a 2 or 2.5" wide duty belt and mount the holster on it then use belt keepers to hold the entire rig to your regular pants belt.
    just what i was thinking. when i was working security they gave us kydex moleded retention holsters that were a **** to get onto the duty belt. but then again they were not meant to come off. actually needed a socket wrench and 4mm sockets to remove it from the belt. i believe the serpa duty is the same way. either its on. or its not. im not sure how the duty version attatches but if its like any other serpa it should have 3 screws that hold the attatchment to the holster itself. if it does you can remove that and buy a stock belt rig or paddle and still screw the holster on. dont know that for sure so dont quote me. serpa would be able to tell you whats best :-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas