• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Serpa Duty holster

dj_skidoo

I have a Serpa Level 2 Duty holster and I have a question regarding how it locks onto the belt. It has two belt loop hooks but you can't just slide it onto the belt, you have to unscrew and tighten to have it stay tight on the belt. Well as you can imagine this gets INCREDIBLY old, FAST. Is there anything I can do? Buy a new attachment? Different belt? I carry with a Crossbreed belt.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I recommend that you call Blackhawk directly and ask them if there are different attachments you can buy for that particular holster. If not maybe get a different serpa holster that has the belt attachment you want. I have a Serpa Level 2 Tactical CQC holster. It comes with a paddle so I don't need a belt. It also comes with a belt attachment that actually has belt slots that you can adjust to your belt size. It's a great holster. Hope this helps.

spyderdude

I have a level 2 Serpa duty holster and it's designed to be kept on a duty belt. It's not meant to be removed easily like the Serpa concealment holsters. Get yourself a 2 or 2.5" wide duty belt and mount the holster on it then use belt keepers to hold the entire rig to your regular pants belt.

carry for myself

I have a level 2 Serpa duty holster and it's designed to be kept on a duty belt. It's not meant to be removed easily like the Serpa concealment holsters. Get yourself a 2 or 2.5" wide duty belt and mount the holster on it then use belt keepers to hold the entire rig to your regular pants belt.

just what i was thinking. when i was working security they gave us kydex moleded retention holsters that were a **** to get onto the duty belt. but then again they were not meant to come off. actually needed a socket wrench and 4mm sockets to remove it from the belt. i believe the serpa duty is the same way. either its on. or its not. im not sure how the duty version attatches but if its like any other serpa it should have 3 screws that hold the attatchment to the holster itself. if it does you can remove that and buy a stock belt rig or paddle and still screw the holster on. dont know that for sure so dont quote me. serpa would be able to tell you whats best :)