• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MWAG arrested

sraacke

A few things, but nothing important.

I talked to my deputy friend today, he doesn't know anything but says he'll see what he can find out.
That may take a day or too. (patience is a virtue I guess)

The reporter shocked me, I actually got a response. She wants a name, date, and time, and that I do not have.

Someone suggested I do a FOIA, I have no idea how to do that.

I'll just wait for word from my deputy friend.

Sorry guys thats all I have, oldgoat

Thanks for the update. Let us know if you find out if this really happened or it's all made up. So far no verification from the Bayou Shooter guys either. Thread is at http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?65676-Lake-Charles-OCer-arrested .

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It always behooves us to be sure of our sources and provide cites before posting. Inaccuracies too often turn around to bite us....painfully.

There are people on this forum in Louisiana that can guide/direct on the simple procedure to File a FOIA. Such is really just a request to the proper public entity for such information as you desire - there is no magic format.

Here is some generic help:
http://www.rcfp.org/foialetter/index.php

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nothing from my deputy friend. At this time I want to request admin to delete this thread.

Not sure that I see a valid reason to delete the thread.

Such provide poster/members with an opportunity to exercise their instincts and seek verification of the validity of uncited information that comes our way.

Don't mean to embarrass you - this thread is an example of why we cite, confirm, attribute and yes, even challenge those that don't for more details.

Still a simple FOIA request could put this one to bed.