• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waukesha Gun Show Employees

civilwarguy

Thank you MKEGal I did receive it as usual i am again in awe of your ability to make me grab a dictionary for some words lol.

I also somehow doubt that i will receive a response which puts me in quite a dilema i dot want this guy turning anyone off the hobby because of his actions but i am not sure where to go from here as to have it taken care of without running the risk of it making all gun enthusiasts look bad (aka taking it to the media)

Shotgun I did get your message as well and i will let her know and see if she is willing to go that route.

sheller

The person you quoted specifically said that scenario was NOT reason to draw:

so yes, you are trying to cause problems where there are none.

As for buying @ shows, you'd have to know the merchandise & what's a good price.
I generally don't, so if I go alone it's usually to browse.
With the internet it's not hard to find what you want at a decent price.
Problem is finding it in-state, so there's no messing around w/ FFLs & registration.

Here's the contact email given on the Bob & Rocco web page:
Pucci@gmaprinting.com
Says they're based in Delavan.
Marlon, I cc'd you on my email to them.

The person I specifically quoted said that the scenario was PROBABLY NOT reason to draw. You forgot the key word. And no, I am not causing problems where there are none. A big difference between not and probably not.

M

McX

The person I specifically quoted said that the scenario was PROBABLY NOT reason to draw. You forgot the key word. And no, I am not causing problems where there are none. A big difference between not and probably not.

might this be the return of the legendary draw or no draw thread?...........probably not. Maybe let them for damn sure see it on your hip thread?

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
That sleazy behavior sucks. I hope you at least get an apology from Bob (doubt it...).

The last time I took my wife to the range, there was another guy there with his girlfriend and he was being a total a$$ to her; very condescending and chauvenistic. And she was just putting up with it. It upset my wife so much she has not gone back with me since. Just shortly before this was when I finally convinced her to actually try shooting a gun and she was starting to like it...

civilwarguy

That sleazy behavior sucks. I hope you at least get an apology from Bob (doubt it...).

The last time I took my wife to the range, there was another guy there with his girlfriend and he was being a total a$$ to her; very condescending and chauvenistic. And she was just putting up with it. It upset my wife so much she has not gone back with me since. Just shortly before this was when I finally convinced her to actually try shooting a gun and she was starting to like it...

This is why we need to be especially diligent of correcting individuals who discourage women from shooting or anything gun related. Kind of like some sort of a Patriot Guard Riders of sorts for female gun enthusiasts if that makes sense

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A rose by any other name....

Gentlemen, let's try to not be contentious and remember we are working for the same things - on the same team. How we are perceived by the public, legislature and the media is important.
When a member tries to change the meaning of another member's post, they deserve to be called out on it. They have simply found a new way to circumvent rule 16.
(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!
and I will not put up with it. The founding principle of this forum is truth and accuracy and the member in question has used neither. If you disagree, Grapeshot, then I guess I am on the wrong forum....

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
When a member tries to change the meaning of another member's post, they deserve to be called out on it. They have simply found a new way to circumvent rule 16.
and I will not put up with it. The founding principle of this forum is truth and accuracy and the member in question has used neither. If you disagree, Grapeshot, then I guess I am on the wrong forum....

First off, Grapeshot did not disagree or agree with you. He remained neutral. Second, he has a point, the argument is unnecessary and puts the forum in a bad light. I think we all agree that drawing a weapon in this situation would be inappropriate.

LaBomba

I also somehow doubt that i will receive a response which puts me in quite a dilema i dot want this guy turning anyone off the hobby because of his actions but i am not sure where to go from here as to have it taken care of without running the risk of it making all gun enthusiasts look bad (aka taking it to the media)

I think it's great that you're following through for your lady, Civil War Guy. You're showing her that you believe it's definitely not okay for anyone to treat her that way, and that may take a little of the sting out of the insult she received.

If he doesn't respond, just to be a PITA you could contact the owner of the Expo Center, Waukesha County. Maybe send the County Exec (and even all the members of the Land Use, Parks and Environment Committee) a copy of the letter you already sent, with a note stating that you haven't received a response about this incident on County property. They won't stop renting to Bob, but some County functionary will forward your note to Bob with a request for an explanation and/or a request that Bob respond. It ups the hassle factor, and maybe tips Bob in favor of telling his guy to knock it off.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
How to strike a balance between properly quashing a jerk & ignoring him?
Yeah, it's just words. Probably that's all it'd be.
But I'd bet that with that attitude he doesn't always stop there, & if she'd been alone he would have been more aggressive. If he's willing to act like that in public, with witnesses, thinking that's acceptable behaviour, what's he like alone with someone? :eek:

You can play what ifs all day long.

The facts: the man was trolling. That's it. What is trolling? Being an ******* just because you can, just to get a rise out of someone. U GET MAD < troll wins. You walk away, troll looks stupid.

Let's say he wasn't trolling. Let's say he really is a D bag. You verbally assault him back. He can dish it but can't take it so he comes up in your face and throws a punch, maybe he gets control of the situation and you are left with no option but you shoot. Now you have to go to court and half the witnesses didn't pay attention till you were verbally assault him causing a scene.

Now the court sees this:

You were saying obscene things to a man trying to put him in his place and caused a situation to escalate. The situation YOU caused to escalate forced you to use your gun to kill someone. Because YOU couldn't be the bigger man and just walk away someone died. In a world where people are raised to believe guns are evil, do you think a liberal judge/jury are going to rule in your favor? Half the people on the jury didn't even know it was legal to carry a gun and upon hearing your case are already disgusted that you are carrying one!

I'm not a panzy, I'm just smarter than the troll. like I said, because I carry a gun it is my responsibility to keep a cool head. Trolls gonna troll. I don't care.

Archangel

Not trying to start anything, if you condone drawing a weapon during a verbal confrontation, I can only hope you stay close to the Whitewater area which at the moment is far away from me. And no, I am not your buddy.
Perhaps sheller has a reading comprehension issue as that statement:

Now obviously, this type of incident probably did not call for drawing your gun
Clearly that statement says to me that xd shooter was not at any time implying that drawing down on this douchbag would be appropriate. He also never said he would "probably" not draw, he was stating that it was obvious that in this situation it would "probably" NOT be appropriate. (a tongue in cheek statement)

Perhaps you need to go back to school to learn to slow down and actually read ALL the words in a post before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

jpm84092

The Yellow Cat has a special suggestion to those of you who have a lady friend, wife, girlfriend, (etc) who got turned off by the suggestions or behavior of males at a range or class - get in touch with MKEgal. There is a reason I pushed her so hard to get her NRA Instructor Credentials. She is a "natural" with other women. She did excellent work, one on one, with "paulswife" and "pinkvibrations" at my last NRA course.

Yellow Cat out -

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
that's when you walk in the show..buy some Brass Knuckles ( Paper weight ) upon leaving...SHATTER this old Crap heads Jaw ! Twice ! ok..that was a Joke

But I have a super short fuse would have made a BIG Scene if that would have been my GF or wife..NO ONE get's to do that in front of me ! ..and being 6'6" 300 pounds when I have issues with someone that person normally Cowers in fear of the promise of extreme Pain, because I have been know to use peoples heads to open doors as I was throwing them out of the Hip Hop Thug Club I used to Bounce at last year.......the Bob n Rocco Shows in GB are nothing special, over priced everything. & they DO NOT allow Open carry at the GB Show.

There is always a Sheriff's deputy at these shows you should have reported the Verbal Sexual abuse to them !

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
you get mad?

successful troll is successful

Successful_troll.gif

y'all need some thick skin!

oak1971

that's when you walk in the show..buy some Brass Knuckles ( Paper weight ) upon leaving...SHATTER this old Crap heads Jaw ! Twice ! ok..that was a Joke

But I have a super short fuse would have made a BIG Scene if that would have been my GF or wife..NO ONE get's to do that in front of me ! ..and being 6'6" 300 pounds when I have issues with someone that person normally Cowers in fear of the promise of extreme Pain, because I have been know to use peoples heads to open doors as I was throwing them out of the Hip Hop Thug Club I used to Bounce at last year.......the Bob n Rocco Shows in GB are nothing special, over priced everything. & they DO NOT allow Open carry at the GB Show.

There is always a Sheriff's deputy at these shows you should have reported the Verbal Sexual abuse to them !

Thanks for telling us all how big and strong you are. We are suitably impressed.

xd shooter

I really have to question if a person should be carrying a gun if they can't even speak up in defense of their woman, I'm sorry.

If you don't have the cojones to at least tell the offending person that talk like that to MY Girlfriend/Wife is inappropriate, are you REALLY gonna be able to pull your gun from it's holster and pull the trigger IF and when it's needed?

Over the last couple of days, I asked the many women in my life (sisters, aunts, stepmother, Wife) what they would expect of me in such a situation, EVERY single one said that they expected I would at least step up and say something to this individual. Not stand there like some weenie with my tail between my legs.

When someone decides to carry a gun for their personal/family protection, they also have to consider the fact that they may have to pull that gun out and pull the trigger. If they don't think they can do that, actually pull the trigger, they are probably safer NOT carrying a gun!

To the OP, I wasn't there, I don't know you, and I don't know the exact circumstances of this incident other than your story, but consider your choices of carrying and TRUTHFULLY think about your ability to shoot someone in Self Defense.

To those who care, I am not an "internet" tough guy, I have fired and been fired upon. I DO know how I act when the SHTF, and I also know that when it happens, if you hesitate, if you wonder if you can handle this, it is probably already too late.

I agree that carrying a gun means a greater responsibility to let the small things go, Road rage for instance is a VERY bad idea, however it does NOT remove or lessen somehow your human right to defend yourself or your family in properly measured ways. If someone were bothering my children for instance, if the situation did not call for drawing a weapon, then a weapon should not be drawn, but that doesn't mean you do NOTHING!

Just sayin...:)

Last edited: