• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALOC "State-Wide", 10/1/11

Kirbinator

If football is more important than your rights, go ahead and enjoy your bread and circuses. VCRs and Tivo exist.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like a bullheaded Republican, but this is the third time some of us have met up in the state, and public officials have committed to attending, including law enforcement and politicians. Every head that shows up is an affirmation that the people in the State of Alabama understand that the "Second Amendment" is recognized by the State as Amendment 26 of the Constitution of 1901, and excepted out of the general powers of the state -- with notable distinction that the decision State v Reid 1840 was laid on the shoulders of the legislature on the basis that the legislature wouldn't pass an unconstitutional law. Of course, that decision is what lead to the creation of a "license to carry a pistol concealed on or about the body" and a general law outlawing carry concealed arms of any kind (knife, pistol, rifle, carbine, shotgun, dirk, gravity knife, etc.). Thusly, the Right To Bear Arms means Openly!

Last edited: