• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns shows in Northern Kentucky?

hotrod

We haven't had one in NKY in forever. Wish we could have a large one once a year. Maybe, a good project for us Kentucky members! I would be willing to help.

hotrod

With the low turn outs we've had at Louisville I think it will be hard to entice a promoter to add to their schedule. Kenny Woods might do it. His shows are smaller than Dixon's and therefore cost less to promote. They seem to be better attended, especially in Lexington. The down side is that there are fewer vendors. My favorite show is the small show they have at Lawencburg about twice a year. Friendly people, both buyers and sellers, small venue, good prices (small, local dealers). I've always had good luck there, whether I was buying or selling.

Why couldn't we do it? I've done many off site sales in my past work life. I would think putting it together wouldn't be that difficult. I know it would be to late now, but how about an outdoor event at a flea market or open air arena. Something different, may add some zing to the show. Something to mull over. Shop for vendors and look at a small advertising budget.