• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Everett

waterfowl woody

I pick my wife up after she is done with work in Everett. I show up early so I can get my walk in. This time I just got done waterfowl Hunting so I had my black lab with me. It was about 8pmish and warm so Woody, my lab, and I walked around downtown Everett which I was OC. No problems and most people just smiled. As it got dark we were walking up from the port of everett when coming down the street was a coop worker, female. As soon as she saw me she stopped, I could see she did not know what to think so to keep her at ease I gave her a big ole country HOWDY and walked past her. I remained in the area for at least a hour or so and no issues. Poor lady might have pooped herself at first glance due to a 6'7" 250lb male with a black lab walking in the dark with a sidearm, but I think the smile and the howdy put her at ease a little.

Next day I was goose hunting at Spencer Island in everett for a couple hours and when I returned to my truck I was the victim of a smash and grab, F$ck! They only found clothing to steal but still I was pissed. Left to talk to my wife and to calm down. Hour later I returned to the crime area, to see if someone was wearing my stuff lol. I noticed a car at the bridge of spencer Island so I drive down to see. As I get closer I notice another car broke into! dang I must have just missed the action. anyway the owners where there and we traded stories and waited for the cops to arrive. The couple had there wallets, credit cards, spare car keys, registration, and cell phones stolen. Oh the card was used ten minutes later in marysville. The officer showed up and was very nice and never mentioned anything about me OC'ing. Felt good to be treated as a citizen. sucked to get jacked by some tweakers.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Sorry to hear about the smash and grab. That really sucks. I like the rest of your story though. I live in Marysville and noticed that the Marysville/Everett area has the least negative OC encounters. I hardly ever hear anything bad about police or civilians giving OCers a hard time. Even on friend or foe, there is maybe 2 stores that don't allow it within 25 miles of my house. Sorry again to hear about the smash n grab. Give us updates on the police finding the suspects.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Sorry to hear about the smash and grab. That really sucks. I like the rest of your story though. I live in Marysville and noticed that the Marysville/Everett area has the least negative OC encounters. I hardly ever hear anything bad about police or civilians giving OCers a hard time. Even on friend or foe, there is maybe 2 stores that don't allow it within 25 miles of my house. Sorry again to hear about the smash n grab. Give us updates on the police finding the suspects.

DEROS and I OC in Seatac on a regular basis and, with only a couple of exceptions (read maybe 2) have had 0 negative encounters, only interested questions. DEROS has moved to Brown's Point but his legacy lives on.

On a different note, I took a couple more non- shooters to the range and corrupted their morals yesterday. I started them on a BT22 and had them shooting a .357 before we were done.

They want to go again.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran

My youngest brother, "Misguided child" lived in Marysville. That is where I first started OC'ing because he told me it was far enough out in the country that no one cared if you OC'd or not. Great place for a nervous newby to get started.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
DEROS and I OC in Seatac on a regular basis and, with only a couple of exceptions (read maybe 2) have had 0 negative encounters, only interested questions. DEROS has moved to Brown's Point but his legacy lives on.

On a different note, I took a couple more non- shooters to the range and corrupted their morals yesterday. I started them on a BT22 and had them shooting a .357 before we were done.

They want to go again.

That's awesome. Sounds like alot of fun.

My youngest brother, "Misguided child" lived in Marysville. That is where I first started OC'ing because he told me it was far enough out in the country that no one cared if you OC'd or not. Great place for a nervous newby to get started.

You're right about that. It's beautiful country. I love it. I'm not to into big cities.