• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Delavan considering posting

paul@paul-fisher.com

I thought I had posted this. The city council is considering this 10/4 5:30 pm. I do not know the content of the ordinance. Please show up if you can!!! I will be there.

M

McX

perhapse it is time to play hard ball with them; let them know if they pass the ordinance, that we will regard Delevan as a hostile carry environment, and end the Bux meets there.

grant53

perhapse it is time to play hard ball with them; let them know if they pass the ordinance, that we will regard Delevan as a hostile carry environment, and end the Bux meets there.

You could not play hard ball with anyone, you and the other moron caved once, nancy boys like you and the rest of the tough talkers on this forum are in reality gutless nobodys.

protias

You could not play hard ball with anyone, you and the other moron caved once, nancy boys like you and the rest of the tough talkers on this forum are in reality gutless nobodys.

And what exactly have you done to help with in WI logables/StalkingHorse/sheller/troll?

M

McX

anytime you want to dance just come on down.

protias

After the cops scared you a few years ago and you faked a move to Indiana, that pretty much sez it all about you.

I have the bills to prove I moved moron. Cops didn't scare me. I was unemployed and found a job in another state. You are completely clueless about everything aren't you?

M

McX

grant53 sing this song; doo-dah, doo-dah. he dont know s*** all day long, oh the doo-day day..............

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The Troll Keeps Coming Back...And We Keep Catching It.

With trolls like it it is making life difficult for any true newcomers to OCDO...at least in the Wisconsin forum. It's pretty easy to see them for what they are when they post garbage as grant53 did.

Wouldn't it be interesting to actually meet this person or persons who are so against Americans exercising their rights? It hides behind a keyboard and never attends a single open carry event or meeting of any kind. I wonder why it won't come out and actually meet the people it is putting down?

protias

With trolls like it it is making life difficult for any true newcomers to OCDO...at least in the Wisconsin forum. It's pretty easy to see them for what they are when they post garbage as grant53 did.

Wouldn't it be interesting to actually meet this person or persons who are so against Americans exercising their rights? It hides behind a keyboard and never attends a single open carry event or meeting of any kind. I wonder why it won't come out and actually meet the people it is putting down?

It is either Spartacus or one of his "friends." If they hate liberty so much, why don't they move to a place that hates it as well, like North Korea?

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. Just got back. The committee recommended that an ordinance get crafted that will allow Delavan to issue the tickets and get the fines instead of the state but to NOT post City of Delavan building.

Common Council meeting is next Tuesday 10/11 at 6:30 pm.

I HAVE to go to the Walworth County Board meeting that night to try to talk them out of passing an ordinance passed by 2 committees unanimously. Can someone PLEASE go to Delavan city council meeting to make sure they don't slip something in?

Thanks!

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK, can someone help me out? This is the ordinance they were considering last night. According to the city attorney, this would of made them post the buildings:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19481227/Delavan Proposal.pdf

Here's the link to the current city laws:

http://ci.delavan.wi.us.bookwood.com/ci.delavan.wi.us/ordinances/municipal.pdf

The way I read the memo, they just change their existing ordinances to allow Delavan PD to issue the tickets and keep the revenue. I don't see the 'no firearms in public buildings' language, or am I missing something?

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK, the Common Council is meeting this Tuesday 10/11 at 6:30 pm.

Here is the agenda: http://ci.delavan.wi.us.bookwood.com/ci.delavan.wi.us/pdfs/meetings_avm/cc_2011-10-11_agenda.pdf

Here is the packet: http://ci.delavan.wi.us.bookwood.com/ci.delavan.wi.us/pdfs/meetings_avm/cc_2011-10-11_agenda.pdf

The stuff we care about starts on page 14 and goes through 18. Notice the General Operations Committee recommended not posting and this 'cleanup' of city ordinances is intended ONLY to allow the Delavan PD to issue the tickets and keep the money instead of the state getting the forfeitures.

The way I read it, if the Common Council doesn't change anything, we need to support it. Please someone correct me if I missed something.

I will NOT be there Tuesday night because I believe going in front of the Walworth County board is more important.

MKEgal

rcawdor57 said:
I wonder why it won't come out and actually meet the people it is putting down?
Um... that might show it the error of its ways?
It doesn't want its mind changed?

paul said:
this 'cleanup' of city ordinances is intended ONLY to allow the Delavan PD to issue the tickets and keep the money instead of the state getting the forfeitures.
They can't issue tickets if they don't post, because there won't be any 'crime' to ticket for.
(Yes, I know a ticket/forfeiture is not a crime.)
I'll see about being there Tues. evening. Not for sure I can do it.
Can you PM me info on where/when, please?