Thread: Turning 18 Tomorrow!

Turning 18 Tomorrow!

Hey guys,

I'm turning 18 tomorrow and was wondering where I could go shoot by myself. I know Renton Fish and Game is 18+ but Wades and Champion Arms are both 21+ or with a parent/guardian. Anybody know any ranges or places out in the middle of nowhere?

Thanks for any help.

Also, got my Olympus WS-600S and Safariland 6378 for if/when I go hiking/fishing/camping.

Happy Birthday

You could call The Marksman and see what they say. They are in Puyallup on Canyon rd. As far as outdoor shooting I don't know of anyplace other than some clubs in the area. There is a club in Black Diamond.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Myself and some others are meeting at Cabelas by the flag pole at 12pm 25 Sept. to go to a gravel pit in Capitol Forest to go shooting. Every body is welcome to join.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by gaarry View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm turning 18 tomorrow and was wondering where I could go shoot by myself.
    Happy b day
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 09-18-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Capitol forest has several good shooting pits, just clean up after yourself when done shooting.

Happy B-day!
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

If you want to travel to the Tacoma Puyallup area The Tacoma Sportsman Club is just down the road from the Marksman.

The first time to the Marksman (indoor) there is a required training class and only after that you would be able to shoot, the Tacoma Sportsman's Club (outdoor) and $7 and you can use the Pistol, Public Shotgun/Rifle Range.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Myself and some others are meeting at Cabelas by the flag pole at 12pm 25 Sept. to go to a gravel pit in Capitol Forest to go shooting. Every body is welcome to join.
    So.. You're buying me ammo right.. :P

So.. You're buying me ammo right.. :P
    For your B-Day the first 30 rounds of 7.62, and 20 rounds of 9mm are on me!
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry to hear you now do not enjoy being a minor (minor...what?) anymore.

Highway 410 on the way to Mt Rainier. You will hit the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie forest. (or something like that) Lots of areas with good backstops. If you haven't already gone and gotten yourself in trouble, bring a friend and prepare for emergencies. Last time I was out there, a camping family had their car broken into and everything stolen and gas siphoned! Federal agent passing by didn't give a foo foo about them.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Happy birthday!!!!

happy Birthday gaarry!
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Howd that Offspring song go? "...if you are under 18 you won't be doing any tiiiiiime..."

Do you feel different now that you crossed some magical mystical age, that makes you an adult.

At least you can now join Green in his fishing trips. And my offer is still open if you make it up my way.

Congrats on making it another year, and I'll toast one to you tonight for many more.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys! We'll have to go shooting/hiking sometimes!

Happy birthday Garry, be careful, have fun. Don't know how your transportation situation is, but if you come over this side of the mountain there are lots of places to shoot, for free, or if at an organized range maybe $5.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Don't forget your Discover Pass!

Yea,,,and..

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Howd that Offspring song go? "...if you are under 18 you won't be doing any tiiiiiime..."

Do you feel different now that you crossed some magical mystical age, that makes you an adult.

At least you can now join Green in his fishing trips. And my offer is still open if you make it up my way.

Congrats on making it another year, and I'll toast one to you tonight for many more.
    Enjoy your youth,, I miss mine..
    I toasted a shot of something good tonight,, To your health.
    Happy B Day to you.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    If you want to travel to the Tacoma Puyallup area The Tacoma Sportsman Club is just down the road from the Marksman.

The first time to the Marksman (indoor) there is a required training class and only after that you would be able to shoot, the Tacoma Sportsman's Club (outdoor) and $7 and you can use the Pistol, Public Shotgun/Rifle Range.
    Correction. That's $10.00 for rifle and pistol ranges. $7.00 for archery.

And happy birthday!
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 09-20-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Every Birthday needs a Cake. Do you like Chocolate?

Note: It's been a reeeaaaaallllll long time since I was 18. I've forgotten what it was like.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Every Birthday needs a Cake. Do you like Chocolate?

Note: It's been a reeeaaaaallllll long time since I was 18. I've forgotten what it was like.
    Liberating. :P

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys. Its greeeaaat to be 18.

Liberating. :P

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys. Its greeeaaat to be 18.

I turned 18 before most of the current restrictions on firearms were passed so there wasn't much in that respect that was "liberating".

I remember in High School having a classmate bring a 1911 to school. Only thing he was told was "Make sure it's unloaded before you show it around". Rifles and shotguns were normal "decorations" in pickup trucks in the school parking lot and also, the trucks were UNLOCKED. It wasn't unusual to go to the local dump after class and shoot a few rats.
    Last edited by amlevin; 09-22-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I turned 18 before most of the current restrictions on firearms were passed so there wasn't much in that respect that was "liberating".

I remember in High School having a classmate bring a 1911 to school. Only thing he was told was "Make sure it's unloaded before you show it around". Rifles and shotguns were normal "decorations" in pickup trucks in the school parking lot and also, the trucks were UNLOCKED. It wasn't unusual to go to the local dump after class and shoot a few rats.
    Drool..