• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Turning 18 Tomorrow!

Px4er

Hey guys,

I'm turning 18 tomorrow and was wondering where I could go shoot by myself. I know Renton Fish and Game is 18+ but Wades and Champion Arms are both 21+ or with a parent/guardian. Anybody know any ranges or places out in the middle of nowhere?

Thanks for any help.

Also, got my Olympus WS-600S and Safariland 6378 for if/when I go hiking/fishing/camping. :D

decklin

Happy Birthday

You could call The Marksman and see what they say. They are in Puyallup on Canyon rd. As far as outdoor shooting I don't know of anyplace other than some clubs in the area. There is a club in Black Diamond.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Myself and some others are meeting at Cabelas by the flag pole at 12pm 25 Sept. to go to a gravel pit in Capitol Forest to go shooting. Every body is welcome to join.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
If you want to travel to the Tacoma Puyallup area The Tacoma Sportsman Club is just down the road from the Marksman.

The first time to the Marksman (indoor) there is a required training class and only after that you would be able to shoot, the Tacoma Sportsman's Club (outdoor) and $7 and you can use the Pistol, Public Shotgun/Rifle Range.

OrangeIsTrouble

I'm so sorry to hear you now do not enjoy being a minor (minor...what?) anymore. :(

Highway 410 on the way to Mt Rainier. You will hit the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie forest. (or something like that) Lots of areas with good backstops. If you haven't already gone and gotten yourself in trouble, bring a friend and prepare for emergencies. Last time I was out there, a camping family had their car broken into and everything stolen and gas siphoned! Federal agent passing by didn't give a foo foo about them.

sudden valley gunner

Howd that Offspring song go? "...if you are under 18 you won't be doing any tiiiiiime..."

Do you feel different now that you crossed some magical mystical age, that makes you an adult. :D

At least you can now join Green in his fishing trips. And my offer is still open if you make it up my way.

Congrats on making it another year, and I'll toast one to you tonight for many more.

hermannr

Happy birthday Garry, be careful, have fun. Don't know how your transportation situation is, but if you come over this side of the mountain there are lots of places to shoot, for free, or if at an organized range maybe $5.

1245A Defender

Yea,,,and..

Howd that Offspring song go? "...if you are under 18 you won't be doing any tiiiiiime..."

Do you feel different now that you crossed some magical mystical age, that makes you an adult. :D

At least you can now join Green in his fishing trips. And my offer is still open if you make it up my way.

Congrats on making it another year, and I'll toast one to you tonight for many more.

Enjoy your youth,, I miss mine..
I toasted a shot of something good tonight,, To your health.
Happy B Day to you.

tombrewster421

If you want to travel to the Tacoma Puyallup area The Tacoma Sportsman Club is just down the road from the Marksman.

The first time to the Marksman (indoor) there is a required training class and only after that you would be able to shoot, the Tacoma Sportsman's Club (outdoor) and $7 and you can use the Pistol, Public Shotgun/Rifle Range.

Correction. That's $10.00 for rifle and pistol ranges. $7.00 for archery.

And happy birthday!

Last edited:

amlevin

Every Birthday needs a Cake. Do you like Chocolate?

chocolate-gun-cake.jpg

Note: It's been a reeeaaaaallllll long time since I was 18. I've forgotten what it was like.

amlevin

Liberating. :p

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys. Its greeeaaat to be 18.

I turned 18 before most of the current restrictions on firearms were passed so there wasn't much in that respect that was "liberating".

I remember in High School having a classmate bring a 1911 to school. Only thing he was told was "Make sure it's unloaded before you show it around". Rifles and shotguns were normal "decorations" in pickup trucks in the school parking lot and also, the trucks were UNLOCKED. It wasn't unusual to go to the local dump after class and shoot a few rats.

Last edited: