Thread: My Open Carry Float for Red, White, and Blue Days 2011!

Question My Open Carry Float for Red, White, and Blue Days 2011!

My 3 nephews and I riding my golf cart through my towns annual Red, White, and Blue Days Festival. I had an OPEN CARRY float. On the sides my don't tread on me flag, my open carry signs, and a sign honoring those that fought and died for us. You can't see it on the front because of the sun, but I had a sign honoring the memory of our festival founder. Check out the car show and festival photos at the website http://www.redwhiteandbluedays.weebly.com Below is a photo of us...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RWB 2011.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	6940
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

I was in Martin on Friday evening and in town but sadly, I never saw anyone OC'ing but I never encountered any problems from Martin's Finest either.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Thumbs up

I never seen anyone myself open carrying over the weekend. I hope that by putting the word out being in the parade that it will open peoples eyes to know that they can do this. I carry here everyday and even carry into city hall with not even a peep from anyone. I woke up Sunday and had a fever and was chilling too. About 2:45 a.m. eastern time Monday morning I went to the hospital and had a temperature of 104.2. I was so messed up man. After being treated I am happy to say that I am now back to my good old self again.

I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by mem1977 View Post
    I never seen anyone myself open carrying over the weekend. I hope that by putting the word out being in the parade that it will open peoples eyes to know that they can do this. I carry here everyday and even carry into city hall with not even a peep from anyone. I woke up Sunday and had a fever and was chilling too. About 2:45 a.m. eastern time Monday morning I went to the hospital and had a temperature of 104.2. I was so messed up man. After being treated I am happy to say that I am now back to my good old self again.

Well, first off, I'm glad to hear that you're doing much better now. I hate being sick and have a temperature that high and trying to get things done.

I know what you mean about trying to get the word out and trying to work towards educating our fellow Kentuckians, I work at this as well and I'd guess most all of us here work towards that end. If not for working towards educating ours as to their OC Rights in the state, chances are I'd just carry concealed because of it having more of a tactical advantage in the real world but you really can't carry concealed and help educate others about open carry. *LOL*

I missed the parade, sadly but I had other things that required my attention (female) so I was out of the area before the parade even begun on Saturday. I liked the photos and the promotion of OC, did you have many inquiries as to the topic of OC that day?
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Cool

I had several people that spoke with me on the topic. I explained everything I knew of open carry and how long I have been carrying. I stressed the importance that if they did carry. To be 100% sure that know how to use their weapon and proper care and maintenance of the weapon. I did tell them that having a CCW is always good to have when traveling our of state, but to also know that states laws that they would be traveling too. Also stand their ground with any law enforcement that would dare try to violate their rights. I have never had a confrontation with the police so far. I hope I never do, but if that day comes. I shall be ready and stand firm.

Quote Originally Posted by mem1977 View Post
    I had several people that spoke with me on the topic. I explained everything I knew of open carry and how long I have been carrying. I stressed the importance that if they did carry. To be 100% sure that know how to use their weapon and proper care and maintenance of the weapon. I did tell them that having a CCW is always good to have when traveling our of state, but to also know that states laws that they would be traveling too. Also stand their ground with any law enforcement that would dare try to violate their rights. I have never had a confrontation with the police so far. I hope I never do, but if that day comes. I shall be ready and stand firm.
    Good to hear. Perhaps we'll bump into each other sometime in Martin.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE