• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Class online? What is this... I don't even...

ADulay

Over in our Florida Concealed forum, it is generally considered in "good form" to post up the relevant link to any particular law or statute when making 100% yes/no actions based on someone's question.

I've regularly wound up quoting the statute and where it can be found for open carrying under various conditions.

I've come to realize that there are probably more people who are unaware of fs 790.25.(3)(h) and (j) than actually know about it, at least in the civilian sector.

So, anytime it comes up in conversations, either online or in person, at least I've got the EXACT reference for things that I speak about in some knowledgeable manner.

It just avoids a lot of arguments and finger pointing. Know the facts and act/plan accordingly.

Makes things so much easier!

If you search for something and just can't find it (been there, got the tee-shirt) then ask up about it by all means!

Somebody's probably already found it!!

AD (my new Glock 30 is running perfectly!) hehehe

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I just asked a simple question here: if anyone else had heard of any legit online class that would work in Florida for cwl - I have no idea what happened to this thread.
thread.jpg

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Very true. However the requirement for an instructor attesting to observing a student safely handle and discharge a firearm does not apply to hunter safety courses. See 790.06(2)(h) below:

The author of the article got his training under subparagraph 3. A hunter's safety course is covered in subparagraph 1, therefore no documentation attesting to observation of the student safely handling and discharging a firearm is required.

5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;

And this might be?

Rich7553

And this might be?

Are you referring to presenting the evidence? For military, a DD Form 214. For competitive shooting, perhaps a certificate of participation. I don't know, I've never shot in competition.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
for military I sent a photocopy of my common access card - which has my name, photo, rank, SSN (not anymore they don't), branch of service, and date of birth