Thread: You must protect yourself when carrying, ALWAYS! carry recording devices.

You must protect yourself when carrying, ALWAYS! carry recording devices.

A news story of withheld evidence. No matter how safe you think it is, or how friendly you think LE is to you or 2A issues, be smart and carry recording devices.

Before you step out into public with your firearm, you must have tape rolling and hidden on your body to record everything that happens to you. There are forces aligned against 2A civil rights who will lie, cheat, and steal to make you out to be something other than a Law Abiding Citizen. As much as you carry a firearm for self protection, the recorder is as important if not more so. Dont carry without one (or two or more).
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Yes. Thanks. After you guys told me Saturday, I turn on my recorder on my phone before I get out of the car. I'm investing in that piece Joe has.
    Last edited by Gabriel Carvajal; 09-19-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Would y'all mind sharing the recorders you carry and how you carry them. I want to start carrying one. Granted, here in TX, we only have CC but I still want to get in the habit so that when I finally can OC (someday) I'll be ready. Thanks

I use This one. Works great, PM me for more info on best way to use it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21NfXomq75L__SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	6984

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I think recorders are a good idea, but what if they erase it or it disappears?
    The idea I have is to use my cell phone. Call my answering machine and have the recording off location. Then you have to wonder about getting coverage to place the call.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    I think recorders are a good idea, but what if they erase it or it disappears?
    The idea I have is to use my cell phone. Call my answering machine and have the recording off location. Then you have to wonder about getting coverage to place the call.
    Use multiple recording devices, one that is obvious and one that is hidden. Also bring along a non carrying friend who has the ability to record from a distance if neccesary. Iphone has an app for recording offsite, Qikvideo. So that could be device #1.

Iphone sounds like a better plan to me. I just need to get updated on all the new phones and recorders.

I got an over the ear, bluetooth looking 4gb digital recorder.

I thought about the worst case scenario, such as being "felony" stopped (ie LEO has weapon drawn).

I did not want a recorder / phone that would have me reaching anywhere near my belt.
    I don't wear shirts with pockets.
    I wanted something that would record where I'm looking.
    I can turn it on when I put my hands up or on my head.

Name:	Digital Recorder.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	6985

Spy gear

I bought the sunglasses and pen from this site. Both work well. I put the pen on audio and the glasses on audio/video.

http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.co...FSg1gwoda2_aMw
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sega View Post
    I got an over the ear, bluetooth looking 4gb digital recorder.

I thought about the worst case scenario, such as being "felony" stopped (ie LEO has weapon drawn).

I did not want a recorder / phone that would have me reaching anywhere near my belt.
    I don't wear shirts with pockets.
    I wanted something that would record where I'm looking.
    I can turn it on when I put my hands up or on my head.

Name:	Digital Recorder.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	6985
    Worst case scenario, an overzealous LE wants no evidence of their violation of your civil rights, so they will confiscate any recording device as "evidence" and it WILL be conveniently erased.

Recording devices must be running the entire time your in public OC'ing
    Start wearing shirts with pockets to carry additional recording devices and your lawyers business card
    Carry a throw down recorder (the one that is easy to find) and carry a hidden recorder (that they will miss since they are focusing on the throw down).

It is in all likelyhood that this type of encounter may not happen, but you want to be prepared if it ever does.

Spy sunglasses and spy pens and spy blue tooth are great devices.

There is also an APP for the IPod and IPhone called "Unstoppable Recorder" that, once started can not be shut off without the 4 digit code you select. Turn off the Pod/Phone and it continues recording until memory is gone. Not sure if it then shuts down, overwrites, or what but I went an hour and hardly used any battery (still showed 100%) or memory on my IPod Touch latest generation. Add a set of earbuds with a mic for a better recording than the mic inside a pocket and you're set....for one of the TWO minimum recorders that you should have.

I also have a wireless mic that transmits to a separate receiver that can be carried in a locked bag by another person...takes a warrant to get into that bag even if they figure it out.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I also have a wireless mic that transmits to a separate receiver that can be carried in a locked bag by another person...takes a warrant to get into that bag even if they figure it out.
    If they want it to stop receiving there's no need to get -into- the bag. Most attempts are not robust, but there has been stomping on cellphones on a recent video.

I have two - one looks like (and is) a little MP3 lapel clip on. Other one is a USB Olympus. Good advice, people.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    There is also an APP for the IPod and IPhone called "Unstoppable Recorder" that, once started can not be shut off without the 4 digit code you select. Turn off the Pod/Phone and it continues recording until memory is gone. Not sure if it then shuts down, overwrites, or what but I went an hour and hardly used any battery (still showed 100%) or memory on my IPod Touch latest generation. Add a set of earbuds with a mic for a better recording than the mic inside a pocket and you're set....for one of the TWO minimum recorders that you should have.

Just downloaded unstoppable recorder for Iphone. Free App!!! works awesome thanks for the recomendation.

When I OC I have 2 concealed Audio devices running from before I strap up, a concealed video that can be started without alerting or scaring LE by hand movements, and a back up video camera that is the throw down, very small, smaller than a lighter. The one I want LE to see and attempt to confiscate.

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 08:36 PM.