Thread: Bay County Health Department NO GUNS

Health Department NO GUNS

I recently paid a visit to the department of health and noticed their NO GUNS sign. (which by the way, threatens arrest for possession of a gun in the facility.)

Now I know FL has a preemption law, so I'm getting ready to write a letter to them, but as I searched for their contact information I noticed their website is like a sub-website from the state of Florida's department of health. Does the possibility of the STATE running the county's health department make any difference on preemption?

The preemption law only preempts from local regulations, so I'm thinking if the state runs this health department maybe they could have a no weapons policy? Or am I just off my rocker today?

to the exclusion of all existing and future county, city, town, or municipal ordinances or regulations relating thereto.

(This would be my first time spear heading a "project" to remove a no guns policy so I want to make sure I have everything down packed before submitting a complaint and possibly being wrong.)
    Last edited by Schlitz; 09-30-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

, ,
    It's an old sign. Just send them a nice letter. There is no restriction on health departments to my knowledge.

Marion County, FL
    Marion county had them too. I CCed to get a "waiver" to not take the possibly dangerous and certainly useless vaccines an institution wanted me to take. What a weird place. I felt like I walked into some government office in east germany. There were anti-freedom propaganda posters all over the walls.

I'll have to go by there and see if the sign is still up.
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-19-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.