Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Why Liberals are against guns??

  1. #1
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130

    Why Liberals are against guns??

    Well guys this is something I have been woundering about lately and after some research I haven't really found anything that shows why "Liberals" are against guns. After some reading and some long articals later I found that in the past liberals were the ones that would fight for liberty and protection of constitutional rights, so why would they be against guns??... I did however read that "Liberals" are not against the second amendment, but are against "Weapons Of War" being in the hands of people other then the military. My opinion on all of this is I believe its never been about the second amendment, its about politics.

    I would like to see what is you're take on this...
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    In 2011, the term "liberal" is a misnomer. Instead of having an overriding concern for liberty, they believe that they are enlightened people who rightly use force for your own good. They're not against guns per se, or else they would be afraid when they see someone wearing a uniform with a gun. Lots of liberals ride the NY city subway everyday and walk past men toting machine guns and don't give it a second thought. They're just against regular people having freedom.

    "Conservatives" on the other hand, say they believe in freedom but their actions betray the fact that they are the same as "liberals". For example, Reagan and Bush liked to talk about hunting and strut around in cowboy hats. Reagan signed the state law in 1967 taking CA from "constitutional carry" (no permit required, open or concealed) to a discretionary concealed only state. Bush I banned almost all semi-automatic rifles from importation with an executive order (still in place today).

    IMO, conservatives are more dangerous to freedom because your average "good ol boy" who listens to Rush Limbaugh is fooled every time. They're fixin' to get fooled again by Rick Perry. With a liberal like Obama, you know what you're going to get.
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Liberals are the way they are because of the Media and Law Enforcement.
    They believe the media crap and they think LE will " Save and protect them all".
    Mostly their just down right stupid!
    Have you ever talked to a flaming liberal? I have . Not too long ago I had a conversation with a young lawer girl from Austin. Everything out of here mouth no matter what was being talked about just made me sick!!
    When talking to a liberal, you can provide prooven facts, charts, records, or whatever else you can find, but you cant convince them of anything... Stupid liberals Can Not provide any prooven documentation to support anything they mouth off about.
    If your looking to debate or reason with liberlas, then your wasting your time.
    There are better methods of "skinning a liberal" that do not involve any conversation at all.

  4. #4
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    In 2011, the term "liberal" is a misnomer. Instead of having an overriding concern for liberty, they believe that they are enlightened people who rightly use force for your own good. They're not against guns per se, or else they would be afraid when they see someone wearing a uniform with a gun. Lots of liberals ride the NY city subway everyday and walk past men toting machine guns and don't give it a second thought. They're just against regular people having freedom.

    "Conservatives" on the other hand, say they believe in freedom but their actions betray the fact that they are the same as "liberals". For example, Reagan and Bush liked to talk about hunting and strut around in cowboy hats. Reagan signed the state law in 1967 taking CA from "constitutional carry" (no permit required, open or concealed) to a discretionary concealed only state. Bush I banned almost all semi-automatic rifles from importation with an executive order (still in place today).

    IMO, conservatives are more dangerous to freedom because your average "good ol boy" who listens to Rush Limbaugh is fooled every time. They're fixin' to get fooled again by Rick Perry. With a liberal like Obama, you know what you're going to get.
    Yea I agree, but If you do some research you will see that real liberals truly believe in liberty and oppose large government. Atleast thats how it was in the past. I find all of this political stuff really interesting and when I saw that liberals believe in the second amendment for self defense and at the same take considering their bad reputation for "Anti-gun Policy" I was blown away. Thats why I believe its so important that one should never believe assumptions made by other people.
    Last edited by mach1chris; 09-19-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Yea I agree, but If you do some research you will see that real liberals truly believe in liberty and oppose large government. Atleast thats how it was in the past. I find all of this political stuff really interesting and when I saw that liberals believe in the second amendment for self defense and at the same take considering their bad reputation for "Anti-gun Policy" I was blown away. Thats why I believe its so important that one should never believe assumptions made by other people.
    Yep, they've corrupted the language to such an extant that freedom lovers struggle to label themselves. The establishment wants everyone controlled, so they stuff you into the "conservative" or "liberal" category. They've also been able to closely associate the word "libertarian" with abortion, pot heads, and prostitution, thus alienating many conservatives who would really be libertarians if they could stop being neoconned.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Ma}{imus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    Liberals are the way they are because of the Media and Law Enforcement.
    They believe the media crap and they think LE will " Save and protect them all".
    Mostly their just down right stupid!
    Have you ever talked to a flaming liberal? I have . Not too long ago I had a conversation with a young lawer girl from Austin. Everything out of here mouth no matter what was being talked about just made me sick!!
    When talking to a liberal, you can provide prooven facts, charts, records, or whatever else you can find, but you cant convince them of anything... Stupid liberals Can Not provide any prooven documentation to support anything they mouth off about.
    If your looking to debate or reason with liberlas, then your wasting your time.
    There are better methods of "skinning a liberal" that do not involve any conversation at all.
    Painting with such broad strokes only alienates others. What I don't understand is why so many insist on making this a partisan issue. It isn't! Generalizations and name calling do nothing to further the education if the public on their rights as guaranteed by the constitution of our great nation.

    The great danger we face is the apathy of the people, not some broad mythical ideology the talking heads on the radio want us chase after.

    Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    "Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."

    J.F.K.

  7. #7
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Yep, they've corrupted the language to such an extant that freedom lovers struggle to label themselves. The establishment wants everyone controlled, so they stuff you into the "conservative" or "liberal" category. They've also been able to closely associate the word "libertarian" with abortion, pot heads, and prostitution, thus alienating many conservatives who would really be libertarians if they could stop being neoconned.
    Yea bro I agree, I would also like to say that during to 2011 session when SB234 was going through the senate, it was a Democrat that stood up for our rights and said "It's A Constituional Right" to bear arms openly. In my opinion there are more conservatives that are anti-gun then there are those that are pro-gun. Amazingly I've seen more "Liberals" that are more for protecting the constitution and our civil rights then these supposedly "Pro-gun" republicans.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Yea bro I agree, I would also like to say that during to 2011 session when SB234 was going through the senate, it was a Democrat that stood up for our rights and said "It's A Constituional Right" to bear arms openly. In my opinion there are more conservatives that are anti-gun then there are those that are pro-gun. Amazingly I've seen more "Liberals" that are more for protecting the constitution and our civil rights then these supposedly "Pro-gun" republicans.
    You know, I also have seen the same thing. Makes you wonder!

  9. #9
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    You know, I also have seen the same thing. Makes you wonder!
    Yea it really made me wounder, I did however read that in the "Liberal Democrat Constitution" they talk about the disarmament of weapons of mass destruction but thats the only thing I saw.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma}{imus View Post
    Painting with such broad strokes only alienates others. What I don't understand is why so many insist on making this a partisan issue. It isn't! Generalizations and name calling do nothing to further the education if the public on their rights as guaranteed by the constitution of our great nation.

    The great danger we face is the apathy of the people, not some broad mythical ideology the talking heads on the radio want us chase after.

    Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Believe what you want Max. I am well experienced on this subject. Anything that involves liberals is a complete wast of time.
    I want you to think about something so that you can conclude with your own thoughts. I want you to think about all these people who post stories about LEO encounters that got a complaint about a MWAG. Think about who made that complaint, then tell me what will happen if that MWAG complaint was forced to become a little more detailed. What would happen if the person reporting all of a sudden became responsible for false reports and had to identify themselves upon making that call?
    How many MWAG reportes do you actually think feel threatened? You might find them more "offended" than threatened.
    With those thoughts, draw your own conclusion as to how I think Liberals should be "treated".

  11. #11
    Regular Member Ma}{imus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    30
    That makes absolutely no sense. It is precisely this type of attitude and closed minded rhetoric that caused me to feel disenfranchised from the Republicans and change parties. The OP made some very good points. You should look into them some more.

    Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    "Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."

    J.F.K.

  12. #12
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    The modern American liberal is most certainly NOT liberal. They advocate socialist and communist ideals and are decidedly fascist in their approach to the control they wish to assert over the people.

    A liberal would be more in line with the modern libertarian. Someone who's political philosophy can effectively be distilled to "Do as you wish as long as you dont harm another or his property" as well as very pro-gun.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Libertarian Party....

    The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression. This right inheres in the individual, who may agree to be aided by any other individual or group. We affirm the individual right recognized by the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    I really support most of what Liberarians stand for with the exception of legalizing drugs. " I'll have no part of it".
    Liberals ARE nothing more than Socialist.
    You cant compromise with socialist. If you dont believe me, just look at all the gun control effort that has been passed in the last 35 years.

  15. #15
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    I really support most of what Liberarians stand for with the exception of legalizing drugs. " I'll have no part of it".
    Liberals ARE nothing more than Socialist.
    You cant compromise with socialist. If you dont believe me, just look at all the gun control effort that has been passed in the last 35 years.
    I understand, but I have to disagree with you on just because you are a Liberal, that dosen't mean you are a socialist and it certainly does not mean that you are "Anti-Gun". I know many fellow officers and regular citizens that are liberals that are in fact very pro-gun. In fact this may come off as a shock, but I'm moderately liberal and I am very pro-gun, fully believe in the 2A and in the individual right keep and bear arms.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    I understand, but I have to disagree with you on just because you are a Liberal, that dosen't mean you are a socialist and it certainly does not mean that you are "Anti-Gun". I know many fellow officers and regular citizens that are liberals that are in fact very pro-gun. In fact this may come off as a shock, but I'm moderately liberal and I am very pro-gun, fully believe in the 2A and in the individual right keep and bear arms.
    But your not arguing with me about gun rights either, are you?? Would I need to debate pro-gun rights with a Pro-gun liberal??
    Now do you see what im talking about?
    I actually meet a lot of young people who think they are liberal, but I find them simply un-aware.
    I also meet some people now and then that no matter what you say, your wrong... Those are the people who wast my time and I have nothing to offer them.
    Im not a libertarian BTW. I simply read the constitution, the bill of rights, and the state law. Then I wondered what in the world happened to all of these wonderful rights that im suppose to have. " Somebodies to Blame, so I blame everybody before me"!!!
    Last edited by MR Redenck; 09-21-2011 at 02:06 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    But your not arguing with me about gun rights either, are you?? Would I need to debate pro-gun rights with a Pro-gun liberal??
    Now do you see what im talking about?
    Not really, the only thing I see is you labeling liberals as anti-gun and thats not true at all.Thats what all of these conservatives want you gun owners to think.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  18. #18
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    But your not arguing with me about gun rights either, are you?? Would I need to debate pro-gun rights with a Pro-gun liberal??
    Now do you see what im talking about?
    I actually meet a lot of young people who think they are liberal, but I find them simply un-aware.
    I also meet some people now and then that no matter what you say, your wrong... Those are the people who wast my time and I have nothing to offer them.
    Im not a libertarian BTW. I simply read the constitution, the bill of rights, and the state law. Then I wondered what in the world happened to all of these wonderful rights that im suppose to have. " Somebodies to Blame, so I blame everybody before me"!!!
    Ok so what is you're party affiliation?
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Not really, the only thing I see is you labeling liberals as anti-gun and thats not true at all.Thats what all of these conservatives want you gun owners to think.
    What conservatives? I have not found many in Politics. Do you seem to think its my fault Socialist call themselves liberal and democrats? Got news for ya, I find the same problem in the Republican party. Their called Rino's.
    Im not big on labels. I look at history and voting habbits of politicians. When it comes to the general public, I listen to what people say. If I disagree, I make my opinion heard. If my opinion is not welcome, then I take it to those who share the same thoughts as I do. Sometimes, my opinion gets changed.
    I wish you could have heard the conversation I had with a young liberal lawyer form Austin. This girl would make you sick!

  20. #20
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    But your not arguing with me about gun rights either, are you?? Would I need to debate pro-gun rights with a Pro-gun liberal??
    Now do you see what im talking about?
    I actually meet a lot of young people who think they are liberal, but I find them simply un-aware.
    I also meet some people now and then that no matter what you say, your wrong... Those are the people who wast my time and I have nothing to offer them.
    Im not a libertarian BTW. I simply read the constitution, the bill of rights, and the state law. Then I wondered what in the world happened to all of these wonderful rights that im suppose to have. " Somebodies to Blame, so I blame everybody before me"!!!
    To bad your not from Florida, but because of these "Pro-Gun" conservatives we have in office here they could not find it in them to stop infringing on a right given to the citizens of this state by the 2amendment.... Open carry!
    The only one that you can count on for sure to vote open carry is Senator Greg Evers and a democat Joseph Abruzzo.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Ok so what is you're party affiliation?
    I have to vote republican. In Texas Politics, its the better way. National, well that pretty easy to figure out. For GOP, im voting Ron Paul the Libertarian for 2012.
    I always look for Thomas Jefferson on the Ballot, but never find em.

  22. #22
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    What conservatives? I have not found many in Politics. Do you seem to think its my fault Socialist call themselves liberal and democrats? Got news for ya, I find the same problem in the Republican party. Their called Rino's.
    Im not big on labels. I look at history and voting habbits of politicians. When it comes to the general public, I listen to what people say. If I disagree, I make my opinion heard. If my opinion is not welcome, then I take it to those who share the same thoughts as I do. Sometimes, my opinion gets changed.
    I wish you could have heard the conversation I had with a young liberal lawyer form Austin. This girl would make you sick!
    I also look at the voting history and habbits of politicians. I just don't keep up with it like the majority of the people on this fourm, because of my constantly changing work schedule. I will have you know sir, that I speak to many different crazy and sick people on a daily basis.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    To bad your not from Florida, but because of these "Pro-Gun" conservatives we have in office here they could not find it in them to stop infringing on a right given to the citizens of this state by the 2amendment.... Open carry!
    The only one that you can count on for sure to vote open carry is Senator Greg Evers and a democat Joseph Abruzzo.
    Oh yea, you must not be aware of who was working open carry in Texas legislature this year.
    Conservative Republican, yea right!!!
    And yes, I have been to Fla., I lived in Clearmont back when Florida Was Open Carry.
    So who started moving to florida and killed your open carry way back then????

  24. #24
    Regular Member mach1chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    I have to vote republican. In Texas Politics, its the better way. National, well that pretty easy to figure out. For GOP, im voting Ron Paul the Libertarian for 2012.
    I always look for Thomas Jefferson on the Ballot, but never find em.
    Good luck on President Thomas Jefferson lol!!!... I was just about to say that Ron Paul is a Libertarian. Well it was because of these "Pro-Gun" republicans that we don't have open carry today in Florida.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    I also look at the voting history and habbits of politicians. I just don't keep up with it like the majority of the people on this fourm, because of my constantly changing work schedule. I will have you know sir, that I speak to many different crazy and sick people on a daily basis.
    And you would agree that the worst of the people are those who complain, but fail to learn. People who make no effort to involve themself with their legislature are far worse than anyone else because they let themselves down and everyone else.
    Those are my people. Those are the people im looking for. It is them that I can help to understand why were in this mess and convince them to Vote the mess out. I get people active who have never been active before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •