Thread: Interesting Stay in Albuquerque Today

Interesting Stay in Albuquerque Today

Driving to Texas, I am overnighting in Albuquerque tonight at the Fairfield Inn. I parked and proceeded into the hotel to check in. The lobby was quite a sight as it appears that the NRA National Police Shooting Champtionship is in town. It looked like 5.11 was having a convention at my hotel. Anyways, despite all the obvious stares, not a comment was made.

Later, I was in the parking lot and checking my vehicle when two hotel security guards came by to see if I needed any assistance. Not a word was said about my sidearm and after sharing my surprise regarding the LEO presence, they just laughed and said everything is cool. Just one observation: With all the cops staying at the hotel, why the need for security guards? Oh, wait. I know... no obligation to protect!

Anyways, I'm off again in the morning. I hope they don't sell alcohol at Denny's.

Carry on!
    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Great to hear you didn't get messed with. Seems things are getting better all the time for OC in NM.