• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most important bill for 2012 session already filed!!

ADulay

Ah yes, Mr. Pitts. That guy is very odd for sure.

On another note, please see:

S-118 about a tax on bottled water. (bring in more money to the state)
S-224 about reclassification of "Public Corruption" (the people who make these laws)
S-284 about repealing the drug testing requirement for public assistance. (the state gives out more money)

Is there a pattern here?

I find it hard to believe these people can still get paid, make laws and then complain because I just want some basic 2nd Amendment freedom.

AD

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
and here you had me thinking we had an open carry bill filed. Anyone got any word on that? (not trying to derail your thread here)

ADulay

and here you had me thinking we had an open carry bill filed. Anyone got any word on that? (not trying to derail your thread here)

That's the reason I was searching around in those bills last night. Was hoping to see something coming up on Open Carry.

I'll keep looking.

AD

77zach

That's the reason I was searching around in those bills last night. Was hoping to see something coming up on Open Carry.

I'll keep looking.

AD

My strategy might be to file no "open carry bill" at all. Why garner all that negative attention? If I could get one or two of my fellow senators to switch sides, and if there is another gun bill going to the senate floor affecting 790 (which I imagine there will be), then an amendment that strikes a certain pesky word is put on the desk....... "senator 77zach offered the following" Ha!

Last edited:

mach1chris

My strategy might be to file no "open carry bill" at all. Why garner all that negative attention? If I could get one or two of my fellow senators to switch sides, and if there is another gun bill going to the senate floor affecting 790 (which I imagine there will be), then an amendment that strikes a certain pesky word is put on the desk....... "senator 77zach offered the following" Ha!

jajajaja!!! I say we should all become Senators. If I was, I may not get everything I ever wanted to get done but believe me you guys will see open carry in Florida.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
okay, now that the thread is derailed:

What can we do RIGHT NOW, I feel sort of useless sitting behind my computer. I've read previously that it is being worked on and such, but is anything solid? Is there anything that Florida Open Carry needs us to do as individuals?

mach1chris

okay, now that the thread is derailed:

What can we do RIGHT NOW, I feel sort of useless sitting behind my computer. I've read previously that it is being worked on and such, but is anything solid? Is there anything that Florida Open Carry needs us to do as individuals?

Call and email you're senators.

mach1chris

I am not a Senator....grammar joke...lol

Help those of us who are not from Florida. Who is Brian Pitts?

I have no idea for I don't really pay much attention to those people in office expect for a select few, but I'm guessing he is just another grandstanding ******* thats all for big business instead of for peoples rights.

Rich7553

I am not a Senator....grammar joke...lol

Help those of us who are not from Florida. Who is Brian Pitts?

Brian Pitts is a perennial favorite of Florida legislative committee hearings. He represents his own organization, "Justice 4 Jesus" (yes, he spells it that way), and attends multiple committee meetings, providing rambling testimony having little to do with the subject at hand. The legislature generally regards him as the court jester.