• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NM CHL now recognized in 27 states

NMBill

New Mexico Reciprocity

PracTac, as you point out on your website, a combination of NM and AZ permits opens the door to more reciprocity for those of us who travel regularly. I applied for (and quickly received) my AZ permit some time ago. For the benefit of others, all is required for NM permit holders to acquire an AZ permit is an application, finger print cards, $$$ and a copy of one's NM permit. A recent 3000+ mile trip and only one state, Illinois, didn't recognize my right to carry concealed.

When NM DPS "unrecognized" Utah permits a couple years ago, they stated that they were in the process of entering into formal reciprocity agreements with other states. Two years later and it appears they have finally knocked one out. This is not exactly a blistering pace. At this rate...

I had emailed the Attorney General in Ohio (a place I often travel) a couple years ago to ask why they do not recognize the NM permit, when NM recognizes the OH permit. I received a phone call within 20 minutes and the guy explained they were simply waiting for NM to sign their reciprocity agreement. In the meantime, my AZ permit has me covered.