• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrassed & Threatened by High Point PD

Smith45acp

And this is a statement and I am not opsn for debate.

Unfortunately that's not the way internet forums work!

Why don't you get a leather ID holder that goes on your belt and place your CHP in it and place it on your belt in front of your firearm, displyed similiar to where an LEO badge would be.
[sic]

1- The arrangement sounds more cumbersome than I'd be willing to put up with.

2- I don't want Joe-Blow fellow citizen to look down and read my personal information (DL #, DOB, Address, etc.)

3- I believe officers, like those described in this case, that are so off the wall they are going to spout off their own opinions on what the 2A means they're still going to find a reason to harass you.

4- I'm not in the business of appeasing LEO's unwarranted fears or prejudices.

papa bear

A word of advice. And this is a statement and I am not opsn for debate. . I for one am out and about because I have something to do. I don't like stop and chats. I wear my permit, problem solved.

couple of things ;

one of the good thing about NC, we don't have to have the government's permission to carry

And also, this being NC, we do talk to folks.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
1 didn't like this, and began to lecture Mr. Shopper about how the Second Amendment is grossly misinterpreted today, and how it is for "militias" only, and shouldn't really empower john q citizen to be able to carry weapons.

I never understood this. If you hate freedom so much why not move to another country where the government controls your life? Why not go to some communist country and become an LEO?