• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passive Concealment

neuroblades

Also the fact that I live in a small town, were the local PD thinks they are king kong prevents me from carrying in such a way, bc people in the town tend to frighten easily keeps me from doing it.

If I might inquire, where in Kentucky do you live that the loval PD have this mindset?

MKEgal

neuroblades said:
The weapon is OC for all intents and purposes but being that everything is black and dark, it blends into the black.
I did this unintentionally in NOV [black pants, grey sweater, blue jacket (tucked behind the holster)], & it's resulted in being charged with ccw because the [deleted] cop didn't see it the first time she looked in my car. (Hence the plea for help w/ legal fees.)

So at least in that instance, it turned out badly.
I've done it on purpose when I could wear just a polo & pants, & had no problems. (Of course, that was before OC in a car was legal, so I was just walking around.)

NewGunOwner

What "laws of the land" prohibit "carry of any kind" in assisted living facilities?

KRS 237.111 Subsection 17, or a health care facility under KRS Chapter 216b.

If I might inquire, where in Kentucky do you live that the loval PD have this mindset?

I myself have not had any run ins with local LEO, just from what I have been told. Maybe I should've not made this statement until I had, had a run in with a local. My mistake.

langzaiguy

Section 111 does not exist in KRS 237, I believe. Also, I believe that the provision in KRS 216b states that a healthcare facility MAY prohibit CONCEALED weapons.

NewGunOwner

Section 111 does not exist in KRS 237, I believe. Also, I believe that the provision in KRS 216b states that a healthcare facility MAY prohibit CONCEALED weapons.

I meant 110. I got index finger happy and didn't proofread. All the facilities that I cater to prohibt against carrying of any kind.

ManInBlack

gutshot;1681861[SIZE=4 said:
In fact, it seems to me that a person who was confined to a "health care facility" could make the case that the "facility" was his "home" and possession of a firearm was his right under both the Ky and US constitution.[/SIZE]

Unless Kentucky has a statute prohibiting landlords from restricting the possession of firearms by tenants, a resident of a heath-care facility has entered into a private business contract with the owner of said facility, and is bound to whatever terms he agreed to when he signed the contract.

Other than that, no need to be such a dick. It's OK to type in normal font, also.

ManInBlack

Private business contracts do not supersede the state constitution. You can not negotiate your natural rights away. You type the way you like and I'll type the way I like. I am old and have vision problems, thank you. Now who's the dick?

1. Private property rights supercede the RKBA. Without private property, there can be no other rights. Every state allows private property owners to regulate the carry of firearms on their private property, unless there is a special statute governing landlord-tenant relationships, which you have failed to produce.

2. You. Seems that you could read my post just fine. BTW, the reference wasn't just to your font...try having a conversation instead of bellowing, you curmudgeon.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

I've said my two cents already. I have to say that I'm really enjoying this thread. It's not everyday you find one with both good information and hilarity. As for me, I'll go back to eating my popcorn.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I just love gutshot!!!!! Haha

MIB, Id say you are fighting a losing battle. There is a difference in being a dick, and trying to educate someone that is certain they are right when they are not! We need folks like gutshot to keep us on our toes, to keep us thinking! He has been the same way to myself before, and I am glad he was! I certainly do not jump to conclusions any longer without knowing the facts, at least i try not to.