Thread: Question about Open Carrying.. again..

Question about Open Carrying.. again..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0141305AAvk3wp

That's the question, reasoning for this question is because my uncle has a ccw and he told me that in order to carry one in the chamber I have to have a ccw because of the class part - whether it be Open or Concealed, NOW, someone on yahooanswers said something about that I should carry unloaded or something. I attended the "9/11 Remembrance" and people there told me that I could carry one in the chamber, note I don't have my ccw yet, so I'm confused on what I can and cannot do. I'm fine either way, but I hope I can carry with one chambered after seeing that Jewelry store video..

EDIT: Lol, probably should have asked it here instead of yahoo :P
    Last edited by bkajun06; 09-20-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Carry - one in

Quote Originally Posted by bkajun06 View Post
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0141305AAvk3wp

That's the question, reasoning for this question is because my uncle has a ccw and he told me that in order to carry one in the chamber I have to have a ccw because of the class part - whether it be Open or Concealed, NOW, someone on yahooanswers said something about that I should carry unloaded or something. I attended the "9/11 Remembrance" and people there told me that I could carry one in the chamber, note I don't have my ccw yet, so I'm confused on what I can and cannot do. I'm fine either way, but I hope I can carry with one chambered after seeing that Jewelry store video..
    A firearm without one in th echamber is a "club". If you can legally OC you do not need a CCW in all areas, but you are required to have a CCW in some local areas. Consult local laws before OCing.
    If OC is legal without a CCW one in the chamber is the only way you can protect yourself. The bad guy is not going to let you chamber and fire. To OC without one in the chamber (In my opinon) is not a safe thing to do, if you have to pull and use it, you are probaly dead meat. You cannot OC some place where OC is not legal or CCW is required, even unloaded. Soem may say it is(?) but uinless you have th edeep pockets to hire a lawyer... not a good idea.

OC where legal and one in the chamber. You are defending your life, not playing games.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

That's what I thought, just making sure. Thank you.

+1 on what mps said. Just know that there are folks that do not carry chambered due to their own personal comfort levels. So make sure you properly train on your personal choice. Like mps said, you're defending your life....

First, keep this link handy. It's the Revised Missouri Statutes search engine.
    http://www.moga.mo.gov/homestatsearch.asp

Next, what mps is reffering to about OC being legal per State statute, but not legal in some municipalities is this:
    RSMO 21.750 http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

Specifically pay attention to 21.750.3
    Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with the provisions of section 252.243.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 09-21-2011 at 03:24 PM.

1+ on MSP, make sure that you train yourself with one in the chamber though, so that you ALWAYS know that there is one in and handle the gun as such. Never second guess yourself, be sure and be ready. As always, be safe.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!