• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Open Carrying.. again..

bkajun06

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110920141305AAvk3wp

That's the question, reasoning for this question is because my uncle has a ccw and he told me that in order to carry one in the chamber I have to have a ccw because of the class part - whether it be Open or Concealed, NOW, someone on yahooanswers said something about that I should carry unloaded or something. I attended the "9/11 Remembrance" and people there told me that I could carry one in the chamber, note I don't have my ccw yet, so I'm confused on what I can and cannot do. I'm fine either way, but I hope I can carry with one chambered after seeing that Jewelry store video..

EDIT: Lol, probably should have asked it here instead of yahoo :p

Last edited:

mspgunner

Carry - one in

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110920141305AAvk3wp

That's the question, reasoning for this question is because my uncle has a ccw and he told me that in order to carry one in the chamber I have to have a ccw because of the class part - whether it be Open or Concealed, NOW, someone on yahooanswers said something about that I should carry unloaded or something. I attended the "9/11 Remembrance" and people there told me that I could carry one in the chamber, note I don't have my ccw yet, so I'm confused on what I can and cannot do. I'm fine either way, but I hope I can carry with one chambered after seeing that Jewelry store video..

A firearm without one in th echamber is a "club". If you can legally OC you do not need a CCW in all areas, but you are required to have a CCW in some local areas. Consult local laws before OCing.
If OC is legal without a CCW one in the chamber is the only way you can protect yourself. The bad guy is not going to let you chamber and fire. To OC without one in the chamber (In my opinon) is not a safe thing to do, if you have to pull and use it, you are probaly dead meat. You cannot OC some place where OC is not legal or CCW is required, even unloaded. Soem may say it is(?) but uinless you have th edeep pockets to hire a lawyer... not a good idea.

OC where legal and one in the chamber. You are defending your life, not playing games.

REALteach4u

+1 on what mps said. Just know that there are folks that do not carry chambered due to their own personal comfort levels. So make sure you properly train on your personal choice. Like mps said, you're defending your life....

First, keep this link handy. It's the Revised Missouri Statutes search engine.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/homestatsearch.asp

Next, what mps is reffering to about OC being legal per State statute, but not legal in some municipalities is this:
RSMO 21.750 http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

Specifically pay attention to 21.750.3
Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with the provisions of section 252.243.

Last edited:

NG19

1+ on MSP, make sure that you train yourself with one in the chamber though, so that you ALWAYS know that there is one in and handle the gun as such. Never second guess yourself, be sure and be ready. As always, be safe.