• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

goose has flown north for the winter

Ruby

Sorry you’re taking it personnel, was only a harmless inquiry!

What I remember was a poster with some good posts and involvement as you mention, then not long after a somewhat whinny post about why they are leaving OCDO, please! Never could figure why some....

Anyway, you are right, I don't care! But not being a PC person, I decided to try and figure out the reason a person would post: when it had zero tie-in to OC. Just the appearance of another BS thread. Suggestion, it may help prevent your feelings from being hurt if you were to just relate OC upfront! Or, admit upfront “OT”.

Just me again, but I think if I were having issue with the forum, and in other areas as a few hint to, I wouldn't wish another blabbering, drumming up more sympathy on my behalf unless I initiated it. I would think this person knows how to use a phone or sign up on the forum to do their own "goose is back" dance, and communicate on their own with those they feel are friends. But again that's just me!

This to me suggests you may not be in the know, and jumping the gun, not on this persons behalf, or with their best interest in mind, but just excited that a friend and an ex-forum poster is back in town.

Didn’t mean to rain on your parade, so I’ll bow out now and leave you to your joyous celebration.

AFAIK, you are not the forum police, or an administrator, here to tell the rest of us about how we should post on this forum. If you don't like this thread you are under no obligation to read it!!!! Go read something else that interests you more. As I said before, not every thread or post is meant for you personally, yet you feel you must criticize. We have a name for people like that, they are called trolls. You criticize about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you, then leave. Typical troll behavior.

It's obvious you meant to rain on our parade, you sarcastic comment not withstanding. That's okay, we all have umbrellas, and fairly tough skin. Go troll elsewhere.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My new ring tone:

Trollin’ Trollin’ Trollin’

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Full Lyrics

Trollin’, Trollin’, Trollin’
Rawhide!

I don't leave the keyboard with out my new suit (you can't see my gun in the photo, but I am OCing):

Attachments

• 1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 85

Ruby

My new ring tone:

Trollin’ Trollin’ Trollin’

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Full Lyrics

Rawhide!

I don't leave the keyboard with out my new suit (you can't see my gun in the photo, but I am OCing):

ROFLMAO!!! Best laugh I've had in a while. Thanks!

amlevin

Because, like many, he actually interacts in person with us and not just on the forum. Right now Goose is without Internet as he is in the middle of a move.

Sorry, I just have memories of his parting comments about OC and the big deal about cancelling his account here. Most, when no longer interested in OC or this forum just quietly leave, never to be heard of again. Goose, it would appear by his final posts, was attempting to burn bridges with the forum.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, I just have memories of his parting comments about OC and the big deal about cancelling his account here. Most, when no longer interested in OC or this forum just quietly leave, never to be heard of again. Goose, it would appear by his final posts, was attempting to burn bridges with the forum.

You are wrong. You do not have all the facts.

And again, with respect Amlevin, many of us are friends and we meet face to face which develops a trust. Those, like yourself, whom I've never met just respond via this forum tend to have less credibility and tend to get things wrong.

tombrewster421

Goose only left the forum because of too much stress with personal issues and the fact that a certain person was badgering him about updates to what headway was being made on the issue with Puyallup parks. He simply did not want to deal with the unwanted PMs that he was receiving and stressing him out further. If you'll notice that when he left he specifically asked the administrator to keep his posts intact. They just say "deleted user" instead of "Goose". Most that I have seen leave have had all of their posts deleted which makes threads make no sense. He was not ashamed of any post because he is a respectable man. He made positive contributions. He never stopped OCing as long as he was in Washington. He only left the drama.

amlevin

Those, like yourself, whom I've never met just respond via this forum tend to have less credibility and tend to get things wrong.

So only those who you have met, know, and like, have any "credibility"? That sounds rather arrogant.

Did it ever occur to you that some might not live in the same geographic area as you or have the time and resources to travel as you?

Yes, I respond. I respond to what I see and read, not on interactions you may have had in person.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So only those who you have met, know, and like, have any "credibility"? That sounds rather arrogant.

Did it ever occur to you that some might not live in the same geographic area as you or have the time and resources to travel as you?

Yes, I respond. I respond to what I see and read, not on interactions you may have had in person.

Please re read what I wrote. I specifically wrote "less" and not "any".

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

And again, with respect Amlevin, many of us are friends and we meet face to face which develops a trust. Those, like yourself, whom I've never met just respond via this forum tend to have less credibility and tend to get things wrong.

"Less credibility and tend to get things wrong", what an arrogant statement to make, a poor one at that.
From what Amlevin posted is from what was available on the forum and actually accurate to what was posted.

Goose I knew from the forum and PM's on getting him started into addressing outdated ordinances have never met as most on this forum but when he left, he did in his own way and left out what information he wanted to leave out. But now to criticize others opinions because you have not met them is a bit arrogant to say the least.

I do remember Goose saying something about issues of those who feel they run the forum in Washington and suggested they were in someway wanting to approve or not approve of their pro gun actions. When I was told this Gogo you were one of the first I thought of it applying to.

tombrewster421

"Less credibility and tend to get things wrong", what an arrogant statement to make, a poor one at that.
From what Amlevin posted is from what was available on the forum and actually accurate to what was posted.

Goose I knew from the forum and PM's on getting him started into addressing outdated ordinances have never met as most on this forum but when he left, he did in his own way and left out what information he wanted to leave out. But now to criticize others opinions because you have not met them is a bit arrogant to say the least.

I do remember Goose saying something about issues of those who feel they run the forum in Washington and suggested they were in someway wanting to approve or not approve of their pro gun actions. When I was told this Gogo you were one of the first I thought of it applying to.

It wasn't Gogo.

Jeff Hayes

People that I have met and spent time with have a lot more credibility than people that I have not met in person.

As far as getting things wrong goes that happens simply because there is only so much that can be conveyed via posts. Spending an hour or a weekend with someone will give you more info about that someone than a year or 2 of reading posts by the same person. The simple lack of not knowing someone will cause errors in judgment thus the getting things wrong statement. It happens all the time because you dont know all the details that are learned thru personal interaction and assumptions are made to fill in the blanks.

A simple fact of life is that when you know someone in person and you get along with that person you will favor that person over one that you have not met in person.

I have to agree with Gogodawgs on this.

Those of you that dont come out to the various events are going to be viewed differently, not necessarily in a bad light, than those that do, sorry that is just a fact oif life.

tombrewster421

People that I have met and spent time with have a lot more credibility than people that I have not met in person.

As far as getting things wrong goes that happens simply because there is only so much that can be conveyed via posts. Spending an hour or a weekend with someone will give you more info about that someone than a year or 2 of reading posts by the same person. The simple lack of not knowing someone will cause errors in judgment thus the getting things wrong statement. It happens all the time because you dont know all the details that are learned thru personal interaction and assumptions are made to fill in the blanks.

A simple fact of life is that when you know someone in person and you get along with that person you will favor that person over one that you have not met in person.

Those of you that dont come out to the various events are going to be viewed differently, not necessarily in a bad light, than those that do, sorry that is just a fact oif life.

Well said Orphan. The truth is that those that haven't met Goose in person, just plain can't know all of the facts about his situation. It doesn't mean they have no credibility, just not in this particular matter.

sudden valley gunner

Goose only left the forum because of too much stress with personal issues and the fact that a certain person was badgering him about updates to what headway was being made on the issue with Puyallup parks. He simply did not want to deal with the unwanted PMs that he was receiving and stressing him out further. If you'll notice that when he left he specifically asked the administrator to keep his posts intact. They just say "deleted user" instead of "Goose". Most that I have seen leave have had all of their posts deleted which makes threads make no sense. He was not ashamed of any post because he is a respectable man. He made positive contributions. He never stopped OCing as long as he was in Washington. He only left the drama.

+1 For all the above posts. I haven't met Goose personally and felt a strong connection with him anyway. Although we did share a few PM's. I look forward to and hope to meet him now that he's back in Northwest.

Also if people would have paid attention to the thread closer the PM's Brewster mentioned were talked about briefly.

Now that's rich....hahahahahaha.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

BTW I have never met Goose so I can only make judgements on what he has posted here. In other words I dont know the whole story. Gogodawgs, SVG both know him and say there is more to the story than we know, I will defer to their judgment in a heart beat.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I as well have never had an issue with Goose and was surprised he pulled away from the forum and I did not need to meet him or others on the forum as well to if I liked or took their statements at face value.
It is to bad he left for what ever reason he had but it did seem abrupt but in our conversations there were a small group of the self appointed, and he felt were trying to ramrod things to his involvement into correcting outdated ordinances, he did not say who but I left with ideas of who they are and left it at that.

As to the weight one applies to another, granted meeting in person can or improve ones opinion about someone be it good or bad but that is not to take away from what someone has written in a forum. But has to do more with what is being said and accuracy along with supporting information that is presented.

There are a hand full of people on this forum and others that are very knowledgeable and well grounded people and have no issues in what they even though I have never met any of them in person, would it enhance the experience, yes but it does not take away from what they write here.

There are others that I have agreed as well as have disagreed with them and those I just disagree with, but I doubt my views would change do to meeting them in person.

Just as well as nothing personal SVG, we disagree often and as well if I was present and situation evolved about your rights to carry I would be their supporting you as this is the fundamental right we are fighting for but then to invite you over for a couple of beers and steaks, not so likely.

And by the way I will be over to the Seattle VA for a couple of hours on Oct 3rd who know some may met up for a short visit and on my way and would like to get together with Goose if he is around.

sudden valley gunner

Just as well as nothing personal SVG, we disagree often and as well if I was present and situation evolved about your rights to carry I would be their supporting you as this is the fundamental right we are fighting for but then to invite you over for a couple of beers and steaks, not so likely.

Didn't take it personal at all, I know what you are saying. I wouldn't mind sharing a beer or a steak with ya though especially if it is at one of the public events we have. And appreciate the support although we often do disagree. I too would show support in your fundamental rights not just in OC, and I know Tom, Nick, and Orphan would too.

I often say it is our familiarity in this state among the OC crowd that make us so great and a force to be reckoned with. There are people I have very strong disagreements online and who are the polar opposite of my viewpoints, but meeting them in person has given me a greater sense of the person. As was covered by the above posts.

It does seem that some seem to avoid gathering with others here on the forum though.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Yes I am aware of limitations. And I have reached out on several occasions to assist. I think that this is a strong movement with great importance and I hate to see geography and finances get in the way of those who want to help.

The offer still stands to NavyLCDR, that I will pay his entry to a WAC gunshow.
The offer still stands to BigDave that I would fill up his tank of gas if he came over to Willow Lake.
I drove down to Vancouver several times to visit with Kirk Kirby and follow his court case.
Ruby took me up on the offer for a ride to Willow Lake.

Amlevin, if it is finances that inhibit your ability to come to a meet then I will pay your gas and buy your coffee. I am also open to driving north to your area if there is a meet near you. Since your status lists as 'retired' I assume you have the time....

amlevin

This is true for the most part. When it comes to a State-wide Forum though it becomes a little difficult. The State of Washington is over 70,000 square miles. It was once determined that the Washington State "Page" has approximately 1,000 members, give or take. A big State with a relatively small number of "members" spread all over it. The likelihood of the majority of these "members" meeting others is at best "remote".

Yes, there are areas where members are concentrated. South King County, Pierce County, etc, seems to be where many are concentrated. Far easier for a group to regularly get together, not so easy for the remaining 950 or more "members" to just drop in to a Starbucks for a "Meet-n-greet". That $5 cup of coffee for the "locals" suddenly becomes a several hours of travel, $30-$40 cup for those farther away.

As for credibility "points" for meeting and spending time with people? I retired from the world of Corporate Business. I have met and spent time with lots of people. I can attest that just meeting and spending time with people doesn't always make them any more credible. In fact, the more time I spent with some, the less credible I found them to be. It's a gate that swings both ways.