Thread: Medford Mall breaking civil rights act?

Medford Mall breaking civil rights act?

So, after reading about Costco's gun ban not violating the Civil Right Act of 1964 Title II: Public Accomodation, I do belive that the Rogue Valley Mall in Medford is violating the Civil Rights Act. According to (http://www.citizensource.com/History...A1964/CRA2.htm) A place of public accomdation from my reading they are in violation. What are your views/ thoughts/ or ideas?

SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

race, color, religion, or national origin are the protected status'.

where does the carry of firearms fall into?

as much as we have the right to keep and bear arms, private property owners have the right to exclude us if they wish. are our 2A rights greater than theirs?
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Cra 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    So, after reading about Costco's gun ban not violating the Civil Right Act of 1964 Title II: Public Accomodation, I do belive that the Rogue Valley Mall in Medford is violating the Civil Rights Act. According to (http://www.citizensource.com/History...A1964/CRA2.htm) A place of public accomdation from my reading they are in violation. What are your views/ thoughts/ or ideas?
    The CRA ensures that you cannot be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, religion or national origin. It has nothing to do with bearing arms.

OOOSEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

That is why I asked, I am not very educated on understanding the legal language yet but I guess I'll have to self educate. Thanks for clearing it up guys.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearfrmhell View Post
    SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

race, color, religion, or national origin are the protected status'.

where does the carry of firearms fall into?

as much as we have the right to keep and bear arms, private property owners have the right to exclude us if they wish. are our 2A rights greater than theirs?
    Why does this argument always reek of contradiction?

Private property rights blah blah blah... The government can ban cigarettes in businesses, and force businesses to serve certain people, which BTW are not mentioned in the Constitution explicitly, but they remain silent on enforcing the 2A.

SO either the government removes the protected people or add firearm rights. Can't have it both ways.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Why does this argument always reek of contradiction?
    contradiction or not, my answer was in reference to the civil rights act ONLY and only as questioned by the OP. my response was directed at the question posed ONLY. i am not a government apologist, your debate is not with me.
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearfrmhell View Post
    contradiction or not, my answer was in reference to the civil rights act ONLY and only as questioned by the OP. my response was directed at the question posed ONLY. i am not a government apologist, your debate is not with me.
    Oh I know, I was just bouncing off of your post to make a point. Sorry if you felt engaged.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Oh I know, I was just bouncing off of your post to make a point. Sorry if you felt engaged.
    i dont mind feeling engaged, i just didnt think the post was the correct venue to address the federal governments intrusion into business practices. yes its ridiculous that one cant smoke in a cigar store or a private club but neither are 2A issues.