• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lincoln county questions.

takon074

I'm going on a camping trip on some private land near Logan wildlife and I plan on open carrying when I go into the woods and stuff. I'm wondering if this would be ok in that area. I'm thinking it should be ok, but the last mo conservation guy I ran into was a bit of a dick.

REALteach4u

I'll concur with Penguin. It's private lands thus as long as you're within State law and local law the only person other than yourself to worry about is the land owner. As with Hunter Ed, respect the land owner and always remember a thank you or parting gift as a thank you.

takon074

What about on the wildlife reserve? I know they allow hunting to take place there. Is someone gonna hassle me for a license or assume I'm up to no good?

I'm mainly carrying a 9mm with pest control shells and a second mag with FMJ's in case I run into anything that tries to harm me. Wild dog, poisonous snakes, etc.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
What about on the wildlife reserve? I know they allow hunting to take place there. Is someone gonna hassle me for a license or assume I'm up to no good?

I'm mainly carrying a 9mm with pest control shells and a second mag with FMJ's in case I run into anything that tries to harm me. Wild dog, poisonous snakes, etc.

Nothing wrong with OC there at all that I am aware of myself, however and it is a big however... Turkey season.

If you are carrying bird shot in a pistol, you may not have any carry issues but potential poaching may come into question. A 9mm with gold dots for personal protection during deer season has some debate, a 9mm with bird shot during turkey season, not so much debate and I would be more than cautious.

As far as snakes go, wear good boots and watch where you walk, little need to take em out. I would not be using bird shot on a dog, it would get the gold dot.

Those are my opinions for whatever you feel they are worth.