• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Doctor's Office??

Keens

Hello Folks!

Anyone OC when they go to the Doctor's office? I gotta go thru "The Works" next week on Monday (full blood tests) and Wednesday for a full physical and I'm not too happy about it (unless the nurses are cute)! Tuesday was supposed to be a dental checkup, well, I forgot to fill out a form through work, so that works out for me!

Anyways, just wondering if anyone OC's at the doc's?

Keens

Last edited:

JamesB

That's just kind of funny. I was there this afternoon.

The nurse looked at me kind of funny when she saw my Glock while weighing me in, asked how much to deduct for it and went on with the height measurement.

That's the most reaction I got.

Keens

That's just kind of funny. I was there this afternoon.

The nurse looked at me kind of funny when she saw my Glock while weighing me in, asked how much to deduct for it and went on with the height measurement.

That's the most reaction I got.

Was this at Kaiser?

Last edited:

JamesB

Was this at Kaiser?

No, it was a little clinic bout a mile down the road. I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember Kaiser posting on their doors. It's been quite some time since I had reason to go there so I am not sure. I'll try and swing past there today on the way home to check.

Keens

No, it was a little clinic bout a mile down the road. I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember Kaiser posting on their doors. It's been quite some time since I had reason to go there so I am not sure. I'll try and swing past there today on the way home to check.

That would be great if you did! Thank you! Let me know what you see.

JamesB

Was this at Kaiser?

Actually I was shopping for a doctor just last week so I could get the appointment... The only one who accepted my insurance, was taking new patients, and was NOT at Kaiser was the one bout a mile down the road. Those were the three criteria when I was shopping. I am pleased with the results.

INSPGAD

Kaiser

Kaiser here in Longmont is not posted as far as I can see I have concealled carry at appointments there with no problem. Some times I carry in a Tommy's Gun Pack, with no problem, especially if I know I am going to have to get undressed.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Not at the doctor's office, no. The local ER (Memorial North) is posted, but they do have key-opened gun lockers for people at the screening entrance! The clinic on base is, well on base, so definitely not.

I OC'd once at my dentist while paying the bill, but that was an in and out. The rest of the time I've CC'd there.

JamesB

Not at the doctor's office, no. The local ER (Memorial North) is posted, but they do have key-opened gun lockers for people at the screening entrance! The clinic on base is, well on base, so definitely not.

I OC'd once at my dentist while paying the bill, but that was an in and out. The rest of the time I've CC'd there.

Couple of years ago I carried concealed at the ciropractor. I was laying down on the table so I couldn't see his face, but I know his hands hesitated when he started messing with my hips and lower spine and came across a bulge that wasn't biological. I give him credit though, he never said a word just continued what he was doing after a slight hesitation.

Keens

Thanks guys! I'll just do this: if it's posted at the door, I'll just walk back to my car and disarm. It's likely I'm gonna have to disrobe anyways once I'm in there. They want "The Works" anyways. If the nurse sure is fine, I can strip down in no time!

Dentist: I actually didn't fumble my paperwork, so yep, going in on Monday! "We ain't gonna hurt each other, right?"

Best part is talking with the candy stripers and techs! Good way for me to find a wife, lol!

JamesB

Thanks guys! I'll just do this: if it's posted at the door, I'll just walk back to my car and disarm. It's likely I'm gonna have to disrobe anyways once I'm in there. They want "The Works" anyways. If the nurse sure is fine, I can strip down in no time!

Dentist: I actually didn't fumble my paperwork, so yep, going in on Monday! "We ain't gonna hurt each other, right?"

Best part is talking with the candy stripers and techs! Good way for me to find a wife, lol!

Sorry to be so late in responding. I went past that place four times today and never did stop.

So, I just got back from a late night recon. They do have a posting on the door, it says No Smoking.

As far as firearms, there's nothing there. You are all clear.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I have done it pretty often in Arizona, both doctors and dentists

Hello Folks!

Anyone OC when they go to the Doctor's office? I gotta go thru "The Works" next week on Monday (full blood tests) and Wednesday for a full physical and I'm not too happy about it (unless the nurses are cute)! Tuesday was supposed to be a dental checkup, well, I forgot to fill out a form through work, so that works out for me!

Anyways, just wondering if anyone OC's at the doc's?

Keens

I haven't had any problems yet.

I have had to check my firearm when I went for blood tests. Once, the receptionist couldn't get in contact with security to check the firearms, so she said, just go ahead, and when they get here I will send them to you.

Last edited:

JamesB

So... How did it work out for ya?

Keens

So... How did it work out for ya?

I go in on Monday, 2 appts. Getting some blood drawn at Kaiser at Wads and Belleview (?? Think I got the street right) but anyway the one right by REI. That might be Denver, gotta check! Then the dentist, which I'm definitely going to be OC'ing at LOL!!!

Weds, is my physical at Kaiser on Alameda/whatever the street is. Basically a block away from Lakewood PD!! Sounds like Lakewood is questionable right now.

JamesB

I go in on Monday, 2 appts. Getting some blood drawn at Kaiser at Wads and Belleview (?? Think I got the street right) but anyway the one right by REI. That might be Denver, gotta check! Then the dentist, which I'm definitely going to be OC'ing at LOL!!!

Weds, is my physical at Kaiser on Alameda/whatever the street is. Basically a block away from Lakewood PD!! Sounds like Lakewood is questionable right now.

The one down south on Belleview is in Littleton. The one in Lakewood is the one I went to look at the other night (no gunbuster signs).

Best of luck with the Docs.

Keens

The one down south on Belleview is in Littleton. The one in Lakewood is the one I went to look at the other night (no gunbuster signs).

Best of luck with the Docs.

Thanks for checking! I'm new to this whole OC thing, I OC'ed all day today! The NF, Georgetown, Idaho Springs, lots of folks out taking pics of the fall colors, no one cared at all! Anyways, I'm still a bit skittish OC due to fact that I've yet to have an LEO encounter, I'd like to buy you a coffee and hear about your LE encounters, and the crap you've been through!