Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LANSING: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Dinner at Aldaco - 14 Oct 2011@19:00 (7 PM)

LANSING: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Dinner at Aldaco - 14 Oct 2011@19:00 (7 PM)

Please join Michigan Open Carry, Inc. for a dinner at Aldaco in Lansing, MI
    Date: 14 Oct 2011
    Time: 19:00 (7:00 PM)

Directions:

1. Get off I-96 at the Cedar/Pennsylvania Street exit.
    2. Turn Left at the Stop light at the bottom of the exit ramp.
    3. Turn right at the Second Driveway (Aldaco is the Red building with the whitish strip)

Ruben Aldaco, the owner, is enthusiastic about having us and welcomes us gun carriers with open arms. He has promised a discount if we have a sizable group of 15-20+.

Ruben does ask that if you attend, you buy something to eat. Apparently, he's had a problem with group(s) in the past coming in and taking up room in his side-room of his restaurant. Dozens would show up -- but only 3 or so would eat. I assured him our goal is to financially support the businesses that host us.

Food Genre: Mexican (good stuff, had it myself many times)
    Style: Menu or Buffet (Dinner Buffet is $9ish before any discounts)

Please join me and others in Michigan Open Carry in enjoying dinner in Lansing. You needn't be a Michigan Open Carry member to come. No alcohol is served at Aldaco, so that won't be an issue for us.

Please RSVP in this thread so I can notify Ruben how many will be attending!

ADDRESS IS IN THE LINK ABOVE!!
    Last edited by TheQ; 09-21-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I am new here, but if I am in town that day I will be there! (And eat!) Count on one. Two if my wife comes.
    Last edited by griffin; 09-21-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I am new here, but if I am in town that day I will be there! (And eat!) Count on one. Two if my wife comes.
    We'd be glad to have you!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Talking So let it be written, so let it be done!

;( ah fiddlesticks, maybe next time guys/gals.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 10-14-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: no takers on carpool?
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Q - Let it be known that I G9OS would be happy to sponsor (yes I will pay for the gas and provided the vehicle) if some of my Metro-Detroit colleagues would like to attend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY
    This is great to get such an early response at 2 AM! I'm sure tomorrow will bring even more RSVPs. Thank you guys!

They say Lansing is an Open Carry Dead Zone. Are they right? I think not!

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    This is great to get such an early response at 2 AM! I'm sure tomorrow will bring even more RSVPs. Thank you guys!

They say Lansing is an Open Carry Dead Zone. Are they right? I think not!
    We got your back bro! :

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Thank you guys! They say Lansing is an Open Carry Dead Zone. Are they right? I think not!
    I'll be carrying open.

I'll let some others know about this as well. They do not visit here and currently only CC. Maybe this will help change their minds. I've already given them tri-folds and copies of MSP 86.
    Last edited by griffin; 09-21-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'll be carrying open.

I'll let some others know about this as well. They do not visit here and currently only CC. Maybe this will help change their minds. I've already given them tri-folds and copies of MSP 86.
    If you can get me a good estimate on the number attending the week before, Ruben would appreciate it.

I will be there... I should be plus 1.... Maybe more... will ask the old man and spread the word a bit.

You can count me in!
    I'll spread the word also

Glock214

Directions:

3. Turn right at the Second Driveway (Aldaco is the Red building with the whitish strip)

Ruben Aldaco, the owner, is enthusiastic about having us and welcomes us gun carriers with open arms. He has promised a discount if we have a sizable group of 15-20+.

Ruben does ask that if you attend, you buy something to eat. Apparently, he's had a problem with group(s) in the past coming in and taking up room in his side-room of his restaurant. Dozens would show up -- but only 3 or so would eat. I assured him our goal is to financially support the businesses that host us.

Please join me and others in Michigan Open Carry in enjoying dinner in Lansing. You needn't be a Michigan Open Carry member to come. No alcohol is served at Aldaco, so that won't be an issue for us.

Directions:

Liquor license? if so permission in writing for non CPL HOLDERS?
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    Liquor license? if so permission in writing for non CPL HOLDERS?
    No liquor license. I asked Ruben.

Cool LANSING: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Dinner at Aldaco - 14 Oct 2011@19:00 (7 PM)

It's on my calendar/reminder. At least one at this time. Glad the Lansing group is getting active.
    God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by glock2340 View Post
    It's on my calendar/reminder. At least one at this time. Glad the Lansing group is getting active.
    God Bless.
    I think I can finally make an event... so count me in for one if I'm not too late.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Excellent. I'm glad to see so many people turn out for Lansing. We're still taking RSVPs. I'll be giving Ruben a rough head count early next week, but it's never too late to jump in!

Thumbs up

Good to hear this is happening in Lansing. Count me in please!

I am going to make every effort to attend this... I will know for sure on Friday morning.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Can I get a confirmation from everyone who has expressed a tentative interest by Friday morning?

sounds good

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    I plan on attending.

Is the place just south of the White Castle???
    Last edited by Venator; 10-12-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Correct, just north*. Right behind White Castle.
    Last edited by bnhealey; 10-12-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Actually. It's just north -- right next door, to the defunct White Castle

Me +1 or 2....

The white castle has been painted RED.. I'm waiting with baited breath for a SONIC sign to go up... Not sure what it is yet.

I will be in attendance see you all tomorrow evening!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I am still planning to be there.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast