• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LANSING: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Dinner at Aldaco - 14 Oct 2011@19:00 (7 PM)

TheQ

Please join Michigan Open Carry, Inc. for a dinner at Aldaco in Lansing, MI
Date: 14 Oct 2011
Time: 19:00 (7:00 PM)

Directions:

1. Get off I-96 at the Cedar/Pennsylvania Street exit.
  2. Turn Left at the Stop light at the bottom of the exit ramp.
  3. Turn right at the Second Driveway (Aldaco is the Red building with the whitish strip)

Ruben Aldaco, the owner, is enthusiastic about having us and welcomes us gun carriers with open arms. He has promised a discount if we have a sizable group of 15-20+.

Ruben does ask that if you attend, you buy something to eat. Apparently, he's had a problem with group(s) in the past coming in and taking up room in his side-room of his restaurant. Dozens would show up -- but only 3 or so would eat. I assured him our goal is to financially support the businesses that host us.

Food Genre: Mexican (good stuff, had it myself many times)
Style: Menu or Buffet (Dinner Buffet is $9ish before any discounts)

Please join me and others in Michigan Open Carry in enjoying dinner in Lansing. You needn't be a Michigan Open Carry member to come. No alcohol is served at Aldaco, so that won't be an issue for us.

Please RSVP in this thread so I can notify Ruben how many will be attending!

ADDRESS IS IN THE LINK ABOVE!!

Last edited:

griffin

I am new here, but if I am in town that day I will be there! (And eat!) :) Count on one. Two if my wife comes.

Last edited:

TheQ

Q - Let it be known that I G9OS would be happy to sponsor (yes I will pay for the gas and provided the vehicle) if some of my Metro-Detroit colleagues would like to attend :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY

This is great to get such an early response at 2 AM! I'm sure tomorrow will bring even more RSVPs. Thank you guys!

They say Lansing is an Open Carry Dead Zone. Are they right? I think not!

griffin

Thank you guys! They say Lansing is an Open Carry Dead Zone. Are they right? I think not!

I'll be carrying open.

I'll let some others know about this as well. They do not visit here and currently only CC. Maybe this will help change their minds. I've already given them tri-folds and copies of MSP 86.

Last edited:

TheQ

I'll be carrying open.

I'll let some others know about this as well. They do not visit here and currently only CC. Maybe this will help change their minds. I've already given them tri-folds and copies of MSP 86.

If you can get me a good estimate on the number attending the week before, Ruben would appreciate it.

HKcarrier

I will be there... I should be plus 1.... Maybe more... will ask the old man and spread the word a bit.

Glock214

You can count me in!
I'll spread the word also

Glock214

Directions:

3. Turn right at the Second Driveway (Aldaco is the Red building with the whitish strip)

Ruben Aldaco, the owner, is enthusiastic about having us and welcomes us gun carriers with open arms. He has promised a discount if we have a sizable group of 15-20+.

Ruben does ask that if you attend, you buy something to eat. Apparently, he's had a problem with group(s) in the past coming in and taking up room in his side-room of his restaurant. Dozens would show up -- but only 3 or so would eat. I assured him our goal is to financially support the businesses that host us.

Please join me and others in Michigan Open Carry in enjoying dinner in Lansing. You needn't be a Michigan Open Carry member to come. No alcohol is served at Aldaco, so that won't be an issue for us.

Onnie

Directions:

Liquor license? if so permission in writing for non CPL HOLDERS?

TheQ

Excellent. I'm glad to see so many people turn out for Lansing. We're still taking RSVPs. I'll be giving Ruben a rough head count early next week, but it's never too late to jump in!