Thread: AB246 and "bad" cops

AB246 and "bad" cops

This is why the changes to this bill are so bad. If this poor reporter had been carrying, he'd be facing a felony right now.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,6130946.story

I hope Fox 6 goes after them if MPD does not drop the charges.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Imagine if he had been photographing instead of video taping? It would be his word against those 2 officers. So guess what would happen then! And again if he'd been a CCW'er and AB246 had gone into law...

Sounds like photographers need "stand your ground" protections too.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    If you cannot be charged with Obstructing an Officer for refusing ID, I really do see how anyone can logically and rationally imagine that they could be charged with Resisting Arrest. That is an awfully, awfully big leap.
    They can and do charge us with whatever they want and let the PA figure it out later. Wiretap laws twisted to be used as weapons against innocent citizens comes to mind.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-s-reply-to-me

Looks like that leap is getting shorter every day.

Thanks to the OP for the post.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Exclamation This Is Exactly Why Changes To This Law Are Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    This is why the changes to this bill are so bad. If this poor reporter had been carrying, he'd be facing a felony right now.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,6130946.story
    Saw this on Fox6 NEWS and knew it would soon be posted here. Thanks for posting!

First time the video guy has ever seen this happen in 48 years of reporting the NEWS. Anyone still think we should change the law?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I forwarded this story to the rep who created this new bill, and basically told him "case in point" as to what my concern was.

Question If This Can Happen To A NEWS Reporter......Well, What About The Average Person....

on the street?? This guy has the backing of one of the worlds largest NEWS organizations. What does the average person have?

This video also shows why it is extremely important to start the video recording as soon as you think there is going to be an interaction with LEO's. You never know if it will be a good police officer or a rogue.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

My vote is.......

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    on the street?? This guy has the backing of one of the worlds largest NEWS organizations. What does the average person have?

This video also shows why it is extremely important to start the video recording as soon as you think there is going to be an interaction with LEO's. You never know if it will be a good police officer or a rogue.

This one was a Rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    This one was a Rogue!
    Oh really? If only that were true.

http://www.pixiq.com/contributors/248
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-21-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Maybe the lib media has now figured out they too live in the United Police states of AmeriKa
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    Maybe the lib media has now figured out they too live in the United Police states of AmeriKa
    Bash the media all you want... But at least do it right.

If the lib media are just now figuring it out then how did this happen?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;..."

The media has ALWAYS been a target. You can't be a proper tyrant without controlling all information.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    I hope Fox & the ACLU go after them even after they drop the bogus charges!
    The man was doing nothing different than the other bystanders, aside from using a camera.
    HE was the only one harrassed, attacked, arrested, because he was exercising too many parts of his 1A rights (freedom of press & freedom of association).
    The officer was acting under color of law, since there was no actual crime, no real reason to force the cameraman to move away from the other bystanders.

Thumbs up Handy, Thanks For The Link! Another Site Added To My Bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Oh really? If only that were true.

http://www.pixiq.com/contributors/248

I also see that the judge in Illinois ruled that Illinois Wiretapping law is unconstitutional. All charges were dropped against the guy who had 5 felony hits against him for recording the police.

We need the U.S. Supreme Court to rule on this and end it. We also need to have "Qualified Immunity" scrubbed from the books for police officers forever. If there were no "Qualified Immunity" how many police officers would do the illegal crap they do?

My guess is "Not many".

—John F. Kennedy

Campaign Veteran
    I'm seriously surprised that they didn't destroy the camera/disc on the spot, and claim it was broken when he was "resisting and obstructing". Looks like they pushed him back about 3 houses before they took him down for the arrest too.

It's a shame that this is happening everywhere lately.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

For your own safety citizens, you will be herded up, pushed down to the ground, handcuffed and stuffed into a police cruiser. it's for your own safety, citizens.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

The TOOL Flynn opens his mouth - with video!

Henry Rosoff FOX6 Reporter

11:37 a.m. CDT, September 22, 2011
    WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE—

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn says the arrest of a FOX6 photojournalist could have been avoided if the photojournalist had simply followed officer instructions.

FOX6 Photojournalist Clint Fillinger went to the neighborhood near 27th and Townsend in Milwaukee late Sunday. While there, a Milwaukee police sergeant directed Fillinger to move away from the police tape.
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,7386177.story

Everyone knows you can not stand by the police tape. Don't even look at it.

We are just drowning in a sea of @ssholes. And every one of them holds some sort of office. Except Pam Galloway for president.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,7386177.story

Everyone knows you can not stand by the police tape. Don't even look at it.

We are just drowning in a sea of @ssholes. And every one of them holds some sort of office. Except Pam Galloway for president.
    Heard about that one. Same PD that takes three hours to respond to calls of break in's.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.