• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

11/5/11 (new date) "Shoot for the Cure" Event - Breast Cancer Awareness

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

ProShooter

Logo design.....what do you think?

313638_10150334943859930_68268074929_8096768_1303001093_n.jpg

Last edited:

mrjam2jab

Various groups use "for the cure" and "for a cure". I dont believe that the phrase is totally exclusive to them. I've read the Komen guidelines and if you want to use the Komen name, you have to get their permission, but they have no issue with holding "anonymous" events and then donating money to them, if they end up being the charity of choice. There are many worthy Breast Cancer Awareness charities in Central Virginia.

Scuba is right...Kormen is a real stickler. They are convinced they own the "For a cure" phrase.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/07/komen-foundation-charities-cure_n_793176.html

Last edited:

ProShooter

I have read the Komen guidelines and find nothing that we are doing that would run afoul of their brand. We are not using their name, or running pink ribbon. It has not been decided where the donation will go as there are many worthwhile breast cancer awareness charities in Virginia. I do not see a generic term such as "for the cure" being exclusive to them. In fact, I consulted with our promotional company who is making the t-shirts and who designed the logo and they said that we are fine, as they have done this in the past for other events.

mk4

Hey there, Jim.
What's the plan if it's raining on Saturday? Will the event carry on?

ProShooter

Due to the extreme weather conditions, we have decided to cancel the 2011 Shoot for the Cure event for today, Saturday, Oct. 29th. We are working on an alternate day and will be in touch with everyone to discuss rescheduling this. We apologize for the inconvenience but the weather seems to have taken a turn for the worse.

Steeler-gal

The 2011 Shoot for the Cure event has been rescheduled for Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 10am to 2pm, due to the severe storms that cancelled today's events. Registration is now open on our website.

I'm one of the Shooting Divas who registered. I'm looking forward to this event.

Steeler-gal

I've announced this as a Meetup on the Shooting Divas of D.M.V. website as well. I know several of our ladies are involved in Breast Cancer fund raising and such, so some might be interested in helping support the cause.

Edit: Shortly after posting to our Meetup group, we've had four of our ladies sign up (and three have completed registration, as well - including me :cool:)

Looking forward to the rescheduled date.

mk4

i got word from my lady friend that the new date works for her, so we're in, Jim.
guns are cleaned, oiled and ready to go!

cheers,
nate

IMG_1b.jpg