• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Taco Bell!

MKEgal

Wait, wait - this story is impossible!
It says the man had 3 felony convictions, so he's not legally able to possess a firearm, so of course he wouldn't do that, right?

Angered that his Taco Bell drive-thru order failed to include hot sauce, a Missouri man returned to the fast food restaurant and allegedly pulled a shotgun on an employee, who fled in fear from the takeout window.

The bizarre incident Saturday evening resulted in the arrest of Jeremy Combs, a 30-year-old convicted felon
copped to possessing the shotgun at Taco Bell, adding that he bought the weapon - which did not have a serial number - “from ‘Mark’ at a drug house in Independence, Missouri."

And some idiots in the comments section don't know the difference between arrests & convictions...
"why are we letting a man with 14 felonies back out on the streets"
:banghead:

Fallschirjmäger

I have a feelin' that the "threatening with a firearm" thing is gonna pale in comparison with the whole "felon in possession of a Mossberg shotgun without a serial number" problem.

okboomer

Wait, wait - this story is impossible!
It says the man had 3 felony convictions, so he's not legally able to possess a firearm, so of course he wouldn't do that, right?

And some idiots in the comments section don't know the difference between arrests & convictions...
"why are we letting a man with 14 felonies back out on the streets"
:banghead:

Unless he was actively on parole or probation (not specified in the story) he is allowed to own a shotgun for hunting purposes in most states. There are limits to the capacity of the shotgun, but he is toast as he is a convicted felon in posession of an illegal firearm (filed off serial #) so he should go away for the rest of his natural life if they invoke the 3-strikes law as should have been done before now. :cuss: