Thread: state bar of wisconsin officially opposing castle doctrine

state bar of wisconsin officially opposing castle doctrine

spoke with my state rep last week, he said he thinks their will not be enough support to pass the Castle doctrine
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

That is what I have said from the begining.

Criminals will plead out for the best deal. On the other hand, a victimn, tried as a criminal, will spend everything the have to defend themselves in court. Family may also go into debt.

If they pass Castle Dotrine and/or Stand Your Ground, lawyers cannot financially rape victimns anymore.

interesting

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    spoke with my state rep last week, he said he thinks their will not be enough support to pass the Castle doctrine
    so the people we elect to represent us do not think we have a RIGHT to defend ourselves. In the next election we need to purge all lawyers, liberals, and anti gun idiots right out of office. There is no reason for the crooked lawyers to have a voice on what is best for us. The bar association can go straight to hell.

Am I wrong in my thinking that if it doesn't have enough votes to pass BOTH parties are guilty? Don't the Republicants have a majority?

Get rid of them all.

(Except Pam Galloway. Pam for president.)
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

"But opponents, like the State Bar of Wisconsinís Criminal Law Section, warn the proposed castle doctrine legislation could create unintended consequences"

Yeah, like less work available for lawyers who want to sue you or defend you from a lawsuit. Boo hoo.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    so the people we elect to represent us do not think we have a RIGHT to defend ourselves. In the next election we need to purge all lawyers, liberals, and anti gun idiots right out of office. There is no reason for the crooked lawyers to have a voice on what is best for us. The bar association can go straight to hell.
    i agree with all of you 100% , we have to keep pushing them to do as they are told !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Ye sthe "unintended consiquence" that the Bar is worried about is called "loss of income"

Exclamation Castile Doctrine

To address comments by the WI BAR Association, as a former WI resident and UT CFP Instructor, I offer the following for consideration by this forum:

Under Utah Castle Doctrine Law, a person is justified in using deadly force in defense of persons, but not property. However, in UT, a person is justified in using deadly force to prevent the commission of a forcible felony within that person's residence or in any place a person has the legal right to be. (Burglary to a person's residence when any other person is also present is a forcible felony in UT.) Thus, UT Law assumes that anyone illegally entering a person's residence is doing so to, at the very least, with the intent to commit a forcible felony and to perhaps also commit aggravated assault, rape, manslaughter, or murder. And, UT Castle Doctrine Law defining the defense of a person's residence when another person is present extends to allow the use of deadly force to prevent an unwanted person attempting to enter a residence in a "violent, surreptitious, or stealthy manner". Thus, in UT, the guy trying to pry open your front door is subject to being shot through the door.

Burglary to occupied dwellings and assault to home occupants during burglary to an occupied dwelling really fell off after that law passed. Being a burglar to an occupied dwelling in UT is a very hazardous occupation and few criminals are willing to "chance it". And, that is as it should be in Wisconsin as well.

And in the many years that the UT Castle Doctrine law has been in effect, there have been no attempts by persons to use the letter of the law to murder another person. Just like Wisconsin is naive to concealed carry, Wisconsin is also naive to Castle Doctrine. The Wisconsin Bar Association is creating hypothetical boogey-men in an attempt to give criminals an edge and to further the careers of tort lawyers.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    This Sucks,

BAR ASSociation

I spoke just now with my represenative .. the BAR association has no real input on the bill. This bill will be on the floor and up for a vote before the end of October. If it does not hit the floor for October it will be in Jan 2012 for sure. I think we should wait to see but i feel good about this passing very soon.

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Am I wrong in my thinking that if it doesn't have enough votes to pass BOTH parties are guilty? Don't the Republicants have a majority?

Get rid of them all.

(Except Pam Galloway. Pam for president.)
    There will be enough votes for this to pass. Just keep track of those opposing and work hard in the next election cycle to oust them. The power of forums, social networking sites and all other means will help to rid us of those who do not honor our constitution,

The power of forums, social networking sites and all other means will help to rid us of those who do not honor our constitution,
    You forgot to end with "Amen" or "Boy Howdy".
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I spoke just now with my represenative .. the BAR association has no real input on the bill. This bill will be on the floor and up for a vote before the end of October. If it does not hit the floor for October it will be in Jan 2012 for sure. I think we should wait to see but i feel good about this passing very soon.
    Although I agree that the State Bar Assoc. will not be able to stop AB69 from getting passed, I strongly disagree with the first sentence in your post. The lobby power of the State Bar Assoc. is the reason that 'Stand Your Ground' language is not in this bill.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    I spoke just now with my Representative .. the BAR association has no real input on the bill....
    With many of our legislators being members or previous members of the Wisconsin Bar, don't you think each and every one of them will hear about this opposition over and over again from their old buddies...? "Hey old buddy, you'll be taking bread out of the mouths of my children if you pass this crazy AB69!"
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    With many of our legislators being members or previous members of the Wisconsin Bar, don't you think each and every one of them will hear about this opposition over and over again from their old buddies...? "Hey old buddy, you'll be taking bread out of the mouths of my children if you pass this crazy AB69!"
    you are 100% correct but that (if it were to happen) puts the ball in our court to get them out of office. It would take the effort of every OC 2nd Amendment supporter to convince others that we are tired of being infringed upon and now is the time for all good countrymen ( and women) to come together and vote them out.

Hope we can all be in agreement on this