• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally I am a OC'er in Charlotte, NC

ImJustMylan

I just recently got my first handgun @ the great age of 22... I've had my permit since 21 but just didnt find any good deals. Well I finally ended up pulling the trigger on a sale of a Glock 30 (.45 Cal) I got from Carolina Sport & Arms on South Blvd. I havent decided if I want to get a concealed permit or not. For the mean time I have been carrying it on my hip in a Blackhawk holster (best holster in my opinion) I have been in 3 places with it

Best Buy in Pineville, NC --- I went to exchange my ipad 2 out. When I first walked in the security didnt say anything. But I do believe some of the associates might have called and told them that I was OC'ing. When I left the only thing they said was.. "oh I didnt see your firearm" which im not sure what would have been said as best buy doesnt have any signs posted saying i couldnt carry.

Ben & Jerry's in South Park ---- They actually asked if I was FBI or CIA.... LOL... Now that was cool...

Smoothie King on Sardis Road ---- The guy who made my smoothie asked if It was a Glock and that he will be getting his soon.

Im not too big on OC'ing in places that have more than a couple of people. Im not out to make every one feel uncomfortable, or call the police on me. Im just following the law.

Im actually in the process of trying to transition to California, Ill be leaving in the morning headed for Syracuse, New York for a couple of days then from there... SAN FRANSISCO, California for a week to scout for job positions out there. In the process of calling each Airports TSA for information on declaring firearms I ran into a Snag.....

:arrow: If you dont have a NY permit and u are flying FROM a NY airport your gun will be confiscated by the local police. You wont get it back until u show proof of a NY permit or have a gun dealer get it from the POLICE. Now if your are simply passing through a NY airport on a layover or such, DONT WORRY!! Its only when u are flying OUT of NY... This is a headache and a pain in the ass. I asked the officer over the phone if there was some type of temporary permit for situations like this... and he said NO!!!! So now I wont be traveling with my sidekick

Any who Im happy to be on OC.org. Are there any OC movements in Charlotte?

ImJustMylan

At least California has unloaded OC. Can you say the same for NY?

Im happy about at least being able to unload OC in California... I can put up with the gun checks because I will be following the law... Im not sure how NY OC'er cope, I guess i will have to go the the NY forum but for now my handgun will not be traveling to NY....

ArmySoldier22

ImJustMylan,

Welcome to OC'ing in the Charlotte area! I live in Concord, but i spend a lot of time OC'ing down in Charlotte. I haven't had any issues there at all, and most of the LEO's are OC friendly. Of course you're always going to have the Anti A2 guys anywhere you go though. Luckily they're just not as abundant there. As you'll see a lot of people talking about, trying OC'ing into Walmart. Walmart is known to be OC friendly, and the abundance of people there make it very easy to get passed the fear of carrying in large groups of people. Eventually you'll get to the point where you feel out of place NOT carrying. All the Best Buys I've been to have never had an issue with carrying either. Most people that you encounter that actually notice are just surprised at first, they don't panic or get scared. It's good to see that someone else will be carrying into some of the places I go to though, The more people that carry, the more people will get used to seeing it.

David

ImJustMylan

ImJustMylan,

Welcome to OC'ing in the Charlotte area! I live in Concord, but i spend a lot of time OC'ing down in Charlotte. I haven't had any issues there at all, and most of the LEO's are OC friendly. Of course you're always going to have the Anti A2 guys anywhere you go though. Luckily they're just not as abundant there. As you'll see a lot of people talking about, trying OC'ing into Walmart. Walmart is known to be OC friendly, and the abundance of people there make it very easy to get passed the fear of carrying in large groups of people. Eventually you'll get to the point where you feel out of place NOT carrying. All the Best Buys I've been to have never had an issue with carrying either. Most people that you encounter that actually notice are just surprised at first, they don't panic or get scared. It's good to see that someone else will be carrying into some of the places I go to though, The more people that carry, the more people will get used to seeing it.

David

:lol::lol: NICE!!! Yeah I still havent gotten over the initial fear of OC'ing around people in Charlotte. When I OC i always dress professional so that I don't look like a potential threat to business. I went to Bass Pro in Concord today which I heard is OC friendly, but I was also going to be shopping in the mall so I decided to lock her up in the car. Peoples initial reaction is one of two things...

:arrow: Are you a LEO?

:arrow: Is is that legal to just have that on your hip like that?

:banana:Im anxious to meet other Charlotte area OC'ers I feel so alone. The times that I am out I never see any others which makes me feel ten times "noticed"

ArmySoldier22

:lol::lol: NICE!!! Yeah I still havent gotten over the initial fear of OC'ing around people in Charlotte. When I OC i always dress professional so that I don't look like a potential threat to business. I went to Bass Pro in Concord today which I heard is OC friendly, but I was also going to be shopping in the mall so I decided to lock her up in the car. Peoples initial reaction is one of two things...

:arrow: Are you a LEO?

:arrow: Is is that legal to just have that on your hip like that?

:banana:Im anxious to meet other Charlotte area OC'ers I feel so alone. The times that I am out I never see any others which makes me feel ten times "noticed"

I've gotten the LEO question so many times, i'd say about 80% of its been from kids though. Which kinda surprised me. I've never seen anybody out OC'ing, other than an OC meet we did not too long ago in Mooresville, and once on a big charity biker run I seen one other person OC. I've noticed a couple people CC'ing though. OC just isn't something you see a whole lot of. But with more people doing it, hopefully people will become used to it. A lot of the smaller places I go into, they all recognize me now and are used to me being around, so there's never any issues there

REDFIVE48

I OC'd during a Segway tour of the city a month or 2 back, no issues. Best Buy doesn't have a policy against, good friend of mine is the GM at the Northlake store and he said people come in, they don't bother them. I'm not in uptown or south of the city much, mainly in the Denver area OCing

ImJustMylan

I've been OC'ing in South Charlotte and Concord. I don't plan on getting a CC any time soon.

@REDFIVE48 I have seen the Segway tours around, I guess I would feel extra safe if you were rolling through my neighborhood. LOL...

@Jerry1981 Yes... Ladies love a man with some firepower. Im in New York right now.. just north of Syracuse. I couldn't bring my little friend so I left her with my girlfriend. I told her 3 things;

:arrow: 1.) Take care of "my bitch"

:arrow: 2.) carry in the open

:arrow: 3.) If u make the decision that you NEED to pull the trigger, make sure the magazine is empty when your done.

I just read that over, wow sounds pretty blunt. Good thing she is a gun owner herself. I feel so naked without my firepower. Damn NY gun laws Suck ASS!!!

tim12232

older thread i know, but I came here looking for work from CA, San Diego area. OC in CA is officially done January 1st of 2012, San Diego is very conservative compared to San Fran, dont move, its gonna cost a ton, and youll hate it within 365 days!

Tim